Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers):
- ➤ Deadly Class *****I love this show so much. It's got the perfect blend of humour, but it's also touching and exciting and just hits every tone perfectly. I love it. I thought, the first couple episodes, that I didn't like the premise. But I thought that the episodes were deviating from what would probably become the formula going forward, but I was gonna enjoy it as long as I could. Because I don't like villains. I've never been someone to root for the bad guy. But these aren't bad guys. The show focuses on people who might be killers or selfish, or messed up, but it's because they've had these horribly traumatic childhoods, and the way they rely on each other is so... this show is perfect. Watch it.
- High Maintenance *****
Great episode as usual. I definitely liked the first story more. The lesbians and their relationship was just so fascinating and I wanted to know everything. The second story was about like the two worst teachers like ever in the world. And then they have sex, cheating on their spouses and in so doing lose out on winning the lottery. It was a funny little story, but the first story definitely you empathized more. The second one was more like watching a trainwreck and just laughing that it's not you.
- The Walking Dead ****1/2
Great episode of the Walking dead this week. We finally learned more about Alpha and her daughter, and I found her back story riveting. I also enjoyed Henry's relationship with Daryl, and that twist ending. I was a little confused about if the dad shaved his beard or not. Turns out no, I think that was a lie and the reality was her mother shaving her head.
- Shameless ****1/2
Great episode as usual. I actually feel bad for Fiona. For all the things she's done to fuck up her life, everything that happened to her that episode wasn't really her fault. SHe didn't know the one guy was a recovering alcoholic. And she didn't know child services was coming for an inspection, nor was it her responsibility. She even tried anyway and did the best she could. She a mess, but she didn't deserve the way Lip treated her.
- Star Wars Resistance ****1/2
Great episode of Star Wars. We're now so close to Force Awakens that Poe came for his droid. It's happening. As we speak, in a galaxy far far away, Force Awakens is happening. So that's fun. It's been pointed out that Force Awakens and Last Jedi are basically right after each other so we could have a really big catch up really fast. Good episode, if not much actually happened. It was cool exploring the outer rim, and the gravity well and the temple. It was all good stuff, just didn't really have time to go anywhere.
- Supergirl ****
A good episode of Supergirl this week. Some great moments, and some terrible ones. Everything with Braniac was gold, and there was quite a lot of Braniac this week. Hiding in the closet. Jumping on the ceiling. He was great. Seeing Nianol in her costume was kinda cool too even if I guess she doesn't really have any powers that matter. She dreams about trouble and then runs over there, maybe hops on a bus, and then hits them with a stick I guess and hope they don't hit back. She could always get guns.
- Family Guy ****Funny episode this week. Great small punchlines that had me laughing the whole way through. I will say some of the transgender stuff seemed mishandled. For one thing, isn't that a gender neutral bathroom? I've never heard of a just for trans people bathroom. After all the whole point is not forcing them to make a choice, or forcing them into a label which includes transgender. Someone can be transgender and not have yet decided if they are transgender. I dunno. Also, Quagmire's father's argument that one most go through suffering and hate to be called transgender seemed unfair. There are people who are lucky to be surrounded by open minded people. Are they not allowed to be transgender because they didn't feel the same hardship? But these are complicated issues, and there's probably layers beyond the ones I brought up. And I laughed a lot so I'll give it that.
- The Goldbergs ***1/2This show is always fun, but this episode wasn't anything spectacular. Adam barely got a storyline, his new recast girlfriend showed up for the first time in like 10 episodes. She used to be so cool and now all her thunder has been taken out by the recast. Now she's just lame. As usual, Geoff was the most interesting part of the episode, helping Erika succeed... and then listening to her brother and ruining everything as usual. Wish he'd be smart enough to stop listening to Barry, but whatever.
- Gotham ***1/2
Good episode. Nothing spectacular, but it kept my attention and continue it's zany antics. I guess I was a little disappointed with Bane. He seemed kind of a wuss, and I really dunno how much some drug is gonna improve him. It was fun seeing Bruce kick military ass, Lee was whatever. The events of this episode are whatever really, but the way the show went about those events were better than competent.
- ➤ The Gifted ***I was like, I'll be fair. I'll give it three stars. It's not my fault that still puts it at the bottom of this list. It was an alright episode of a not good show. I didn't have too many major problems with this episode. Obviously they are ramping up to the finale. I like the hinting that Blink might be alive. Also I couldn't help but laugh at this point when Amy Acker pulled out her Desert Eagle. I was like "All cops, beware!" and sure enough...
- Last Week Tonight *****
- James Corden ****1/2
- Vice News Tonight ****
- Stephen Colbert ****
- The Daily Show ****
- The Graham Norton Show **