Monday, January 21, 2019

Geekly Daily 53 (Monday, January 21):

Now playing:Sleep (it was nice)

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

As expected, I slept in till 7 even though my alarm was for 3. Good times. At this rate I will never catch up on my DVR. The shows I chose to watch with my limited time probably tell a lot about me :p


Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new):
  1. ➤  Star Trek Discovery ****1/2 Decent season premiere. The visual effects with the asteroid field, and all those strange gravitational pulses, was fun and interesting. Tig Notaro was weird. Pike was fun, and chill, and respects his team which was nice. I thought the weakest aspect of the episode was all the flashbacks. The acting was off, everything child SPock did was off, and Burnam's constant obssession with Alice in Wonderland is a little weird. Is it the only book she's ever read? It's not even that good of a story. The writer was quite likely a pervert! Also the end didn't land at all. Her face as she's like "Oh my god, it's CG bullshit!!!" And none of it mean't anything. Just bullshit bullshit bullshit. But other than those complaints, great episode. :p
  2. ➤ Supergirl ****Everything with Brainiac was fun this week, from his date with Nee... nope not gonna try with that one, to him compartmentalizing his mind to protect himself from interrogation. I also found Alex's story to be really compelling, right up until they decided to wipe her mind at the end, which is insane. Why not just resign from the DEO instead of change everything about yourself? Ugh! Also, so far this season I don't think they made it really clear to us that the General didn't know Kara was Alex's sister. Cause I was really confused why the General trusted Alex so much about Supergirl matters, and this episode it was like "Oh, she doesn't get the connection." That must have been really confusing for her then. She must have thought they were like Lesbians or something. Which I mean Alex is.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment