Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Geekly Weekly 155 (Friday, June 17th) Your Source for What's Happening NOW

 Geekly Feature:   (Reviewing something new, or highlighting something cool for the week, or a blog update)

Feature

➤  The Boys Pilot

I finally caught up on For All Mankind, watched a bit of The Old man, didn't like it, and finally started The Boys. My hope is to catch up by next week, I think the seasons are pretty short.

For people who don't know what it is, it's a fitting show to come from Amazon Prime, seeing as they also do Invincible. The two are similar, namely in the hyper realistic way they deal with the fallout of powers. That said, The Boys is somewhat more cynical than Invincible. At least there isn't an idealistic kid at the center trying to do the right thing. Instead, everyone sucks and is shitty. The pilot was fine, building an interesting world but not giving me all too many people to root for. I didn't have time to watch any more than that, and don't even know if I could rank it right now from just the first episode, but we'll see how it ranks with everything else next week when I'm deeper into it.

I've heard great things about the comic book, so I trust it'll get better from here.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings
(Ranking of all the shows I watch, so you can know how best to use your TV watching time. Did I miss something? Suggest it below in the comments!)  
(Just because a show might not get 5 stars, doesn't mean it doesn't still have plenty of value. There is a large distance between perfection and failure and a lot of great things live in that expanse. All my writing would probably only average less than 3 stars on here.)

  1. ➤ Ms. Marvel (S01E02) *****
    This show is amazing, this episode is amazing, I loved it so much. I love how Scott Pilgrim this is. I loved her new crush, and all the ways the show had fun with that. I love her friend Nakia, and I hope she tells her the truth about her powers soon. I loved the musical number and the doodling segments. I loved at the end when she costumed up to save the kid. I loved that it didn't go well. This show is so me. Perhaps not with the religion aspects, as I'm an athiest, but I appreciate that this show gives an unflinching view of the religion. You can see very clearly all the ways that it sucks, but then also shows how the women cope and deal with religion being a permanent and never ending pert of their life, and I find that stuff fascinating. I loved this. Every second of this. It's like a warm blanket to me. We need more stuff like this and Scott Pilgrim in the world.
  2. ➤ Star Trek Strange New Worlds (S01E07) *****
    I loved this episode. I love Nurse Chapel, and I think I've made that clear before, but I loved so much more in this episode. Spock was great, Pike was great. But the new character Angel was amazing. I loved her (them?) when they were a counsellor, and I loved their turn into evil space pirate captain. This episode was fun, and I liked seeing Spock's girlfriend again. His sort of three way flirting thing he had going with Chapel, T'pring, and Angel was perhaps my favourite thing in this whole show besides the Amok Time flashback in the last episode.
  3. ➤ The Time Traveler's Wife (S01E05) *****
    This show keeps growing on me, like a cancer even, and it has happened again. I really enjoyed this episode. I think some people preferred last week -- but I really loved so many moments in this episode. And I still love Rose Leslie. But then there was the scene where she totally convinces her parents that she beat the shit out of Henry. That was amazing. I was crying with laughter. Him going to her at the end of the episode with the haircut was so romantic and exactly what she needed in that moment. It really felt like a great romantic climax, more even than when they've slept together, and I this show has all my <3 now. Also, while one of his last lines are problematic, saying he can change to be whoever she wants, and it's something a lot of people are getting hung up on, but in that moment I don't think that's what she's asking for. In that moment is her realizing whats in front of her is enough. He only said that because he's trying so hard to make her happy, and him trying is enough. I... I can be a hopeless romantic sometimes... I can be a gush, and I gushed all over this one. That sounds sticky. And moist. Cause it was.
  4. ➤ For All Mankind (S03E01-02) *****
    I'm caught up! Hooray! If this was just the season 3 premiere, I think it would be a little higher on the list. It pulled the floor out from under us, put together an intriguing puzzle, and then just as I was starting to feel comfortable it turned into a fun and tense space disaster thriller. As for the second episode, if I were just judging this week based on that I'd put it a little lower. It was still a good time, and set up what seems like it will be an intriguing season... but definitely much less eventful than the premiere. Together, the two episodes settle into a nice spot here. And it's fitting. Ronald D Moore shows are good... but they always seem to hold themselves back from reaching that truly god tier that some TV hits.
  5. ➤ Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi (S01E05) ****1/2
    Parts of this episode were amazing and blew my mind. For instance, the flashbacks to the prequel era were surprising, and everything I wanted and didn't know I wanted. Also, the duel at the end between Reva and Vader was suitably awesome. There are aspects of this show that are a wet dream for ten year old me... but it all seems to fall a little short on execution. Obi Wan talks about there being multiple doors to protect, but thanks to the wonders of TV budget we only focus on one small set. It just feels really contained and unrealistic. And at points the battle had the stormtroopers so close to the other side they were practically stepping on them, but still had to pretend they were missing and it became hard to believe. And Reva's whole plan made no sense, and the whole "Psyche, everyone was in the other transport and this one was just a decoy" didn't play well in Rise of Skywalker either. And I guess he only had enough boundless rage to grab and tear open 1 shuttle? Also, speakign of Vader, you can tell it's Hayden in the suit. They don't even try to make him look bigger and more imposing to the people around him. In 2004, Peter Jackson was making Ian Mckellen look huge with just Camera trickery, but in this we have like baby vader waddling around yelling up at people.
  6. ➤ The First Lady (S01E09) ****
    This was a good, interesting, episode of the show, that would have kept my attention more if I hadn't tried to watch it after an all nighter. I passed out half way through... and then finished it 8 hours later. And to be honest the Eleanor storyline that dominates the first half was really interesting with Pearl Harbour and everything, and then just sort of fizzles out as the other plots take over the focus. And both the intervention and the rise of Trump could probably have used episodes of their very own. There was little connecting these three plots and while all three stories were strong and executed strong... it still didn't really come together. There's one more episode, and I think in the US they aired both, but in Canada they only aired the one, so I'm just reviewing the one.
  7. ➤ Gaslit (S01E08) ****
    I DO feel like I didn't give Julia Robert's performance enough credit throughout the run of this show, and that's mainly because the highlight  of this show to me has always been the absurd fumblings of the Republican politicians... and this last episode gave us some great moments especially with Liddy... who is such a sort of character I hate... but exaggerated to such a degree that I get such a kick out of him. As I have spent my life fighting against Toxic Masculinity, he is in many ways toxic masculinity personified and watching him be insane was more than worth the 8 hours divested into this show. But there were other things to this show, and unfortunately those other aspects really were a drag to the show. As amazing as Julia Robert's performance was, it just wasn't what I was there for. Her story is sad though, and I appreciated the end credits being done over a mural saying "Martha Was Right" Just in case there was anyone who didn't hear in the back row.
  8. ➤ The Orville (S03E03) ***1/2
    This episode grew on me, over the course of it's far too bloated length, and I'm shocked that this show is getting such a large budget. You can tell the visual effect budget for this is huge, and they can do practically whatever they want. Unfortunately, as always, this show wasn't funny enough to be a comedy, but too silly and wacky to take particularly seriously. But there have been worse episodes. I enjoyed the Tron lady twist at the end.
  9. ➤ Irma Vep (S01E02) ***
    I feel like the only reason why I'm watching this show is because I have a crush on both Alicia Vikandir and her assistant. They are both so sexy in their own weird ways... but the rest of the show is just kind of a snore. It's super weird, and quirky, and off the wall... but not as funny as I feel like it likes to think it is. I don't laugh often watching this. Every once in a while, maybe, but it's almost too serious to be a comedy, and too absurd to be a drama. I do appreciate the way Alicia's character is so excited and upbeat about everything, while every thing around her is horrible and falling apart. She reminds me a bit of Anya Taylor Joy's infectious energy, especially as its described on the set of The Northman. Seriously, my raging crushes for Alicia and her assistant (Who is just so chill and cool) are the only reasons I'm still here.
  10. ➤ The Flash (S07E18) ***
    This was a fine episode of the show, though like Kung Fu below it (and after it on the time slot) the episode sort of fizzled out a little at the end. Went with what seemed like the lazy choice instead of one that might have been narratively interesting. Also, after years and years of them hyping up Diggle up to be Green Lantern, they had a ten minute scene this week where he just opens the box and goes "Nah" and throws it away. *sigh* like Five years of narrative build up across multiple shows. For nothing. *Facepalm*
  11. ➤ Kung Fu (S02E13) ***
    It was a fine finale, I guess, for the CW, but I feel like it was afraid to really take risks. It's just another whatever CW finale, and even though the moment where the three of them fight together her against the big bad is fun, that moment is short lived and then the writers just kinda take an easy way out and wrap things up with a quick tearing apart of the two romantic leads in a reasonably superficial way. And I'm left feeling meh about the whole thing. I enjoyed it enough, and that should be all that matters. But I can't help but feel even I could write something better.
  12. ➤ Dark Winds (S01E01) ***
    It wasn't the worst first episode I've ever seen, but it did drag a little bit. I also wanna say that, like Becoming Elizabeth, there isn't really anyone for me to latch onto... because that might be a racial divide thing. On top of that, it took the entire episode just to get to the point with the helicopter and the new rookie detective. I liked the twists enough, but I dunno if it was worth it to get there. Some people describe this show as a modern Western... and I've never been a huge fan of the Western Genre, so maybe that's part of my problem with the thing.
  13. ➤ Becoming Elizabeth (S01E01) **
    I can understand the early criticisms and lukewarm reactions to this show. In fact I'm matching it. i find it hard to recommend this show, even though it has perfectly fine performances pretty much all around. That's about the best thing I can say about this show, and I actually like the actress playing Elizabeth... enough... but I do feel like none of the actors have enough charisma (or IT factor) to make the show worth watching. The person with the most charisma is the guy marrying the step mother while flirting with her step daughter which is incredibly uncomfortable to watch. I guess if you're into historical love stories with incredibly inappropriate power dynamics then this is the show for you. I dunno if I'll watch it again, which is too bad because the actors did all give decent performances. I don't want to disparage any of them really.
  14. ➤ The Old Man (S01E01) **
    Boring, drawn out, dumb... oh and he's not even all that bad ass. He has trouble just taking on one guy. I'm out. This show wasted an hour of my life and gave me nothing.

Honourable Mentions: (Didn't make the ranking, or getting dropped from the list)

  • Everybody has been talking about The Boys, so I've started watching through it, but I'm far from caught up.

(Get my instant reactions to these shows and more by following me @AndrewGeczy)

(Also remember that I never miss an episode of Vice News Tonight, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Late Late Show with James Corden, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and neither should you.)

(Also started tuning into the other Late Shows at least for their monologues, and then I skip interviews I don't care for or long jokes I don't like. That's Jimmy fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, and Seth Meyers. Maybe they're not that much worse than Colbert like I used to think they were ... also maybe Colbert is kinda getting a little stale in his old age)

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Predictions:
(New releases people will be talking about around the water cooler over the next week)
[In order by interest -- Both mine, and general societal interest ... a balanced average of the two]

  1. ➤ The Umbrella Academy Season 3 [Netflix] Wednesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs6alRuY1UU
    This is one of those shows I totally would have watched had Netflix not insisted on dropping seasons all at once.
  2. ➤ The Black Phone [Theaters] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWAVkx8O74
    I wasn't expecting that trailer to hit that well. But a combination of Ethan Hawke being creepy as fuck, and the little girl with the premonitions... I'm sold.
  3. ➤ Sonic Origins [PC and Consoles] Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PSRHVtmIo
    It's a re-released collection of Sonic 1 2 and 3, but with improvements that look awesome. Like being able to play Tails or Knuckles in all three games. Also ... Animated cutscenes?
  4. ➤ The Man from Toronto [Netflix] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqy8DrcGBs
    Kevin Hart and Woody Harrelson in a buddy action romp. lmao at the part where Kevin Hart pukes on the person he's supposed to be torturing.
  5. ➤ Murder at Yellowstone City [Theaters] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1zQDcyPhw
    I'm not a huge fan of westerns, but this one with Thomas Jane grew on me by the end of the trailer.
  6. ➤ Shadowrun Trilogy [Consoles] Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PSRHVtmIo
    These are classic cyberpunk RPGs, blending science and magic in a tactical RPG with dialogue trees and branching paths. It's a popular franchise that has always been underappreciated. But maybe its time has come.
  7. ➤ Motherland: Fort Salem Season 3 [Freeform] Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tGfZQw3lU
    I watched half of season 1 and was enjoying it almost enough... but it kinda lost me at a time when there was a lot on TV. That said, that trailer looked like the show had gotten a little stronger since then. My interest into the show was Taylor Hickerson from Deadly Class, who I still think is awesome... but the red head on this show was cool too. It's a show very much built on women empowerment, or at least I remember it was trying to be.
  8. ➤ Wellington Paranormal Season 4 [The CW] Wednesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJPzixLnRU
    I believe this is in the What we Do in the Shadows universe.
  9. ➤ Spriggan [Netflix] Saturday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZJMihZ8ujg
    How very Anime. Looks pretty good for an anime, if you're into anime things.
  10. ➤ The Bear [FX] Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9Yu9lrssg
    The guy who played Lip on Shameless... doesn't change things up too much. This time he's poor and runs a restaurant. Or Something.
  11. ➤ Man vs Bee [Netflix] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1vN_91KO0
    Starring Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean, Black Adder) in a movie that is from a long extinct genre of films. You know that genre, where there's like a mouse or something that's pestering a person or groups of people. Or a gopher, like Caddyshack. And it starts out small with them trying to make this annoying element go away, and the shenanigans just keep growing and growing until by the end everything is on fire, the protagonist (antagonist?) is beaten to all hell, and the road runner just laughs and keeps on its way.
  12. ➤ Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe [Paramount +] Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHbTnA3qSA
    Never been that into this cartoon, though it was popular at just the right time to be my thing...
  13. ➤ Elvis [Theaters] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2BNHwbwvI
    Looks alright, but I haven't heard too much hype on it.
  14. ➤ Birdgirl Season 2 [Adult Swim] Sunday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6y9IOEMSU
    I've always wanted to watch through the Harvey Birdman series. I like Adult Swim stuff as much as the next person. Maybe one day.
  15. ➤ Rise [Disney+] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=numzJtJWT8c
    It's a sports thing. Yawn.
  16. ➤ The Loot [Apple TV+] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktzAq7wjJgs
    A billionaire woman is cheated on and divorces her husband... and does rich person stuff I guess. Stars Maya Rudolph.
  17. ➤ Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes [Nintendo Switch] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PSRHVtmIo
    Never liked these Samurai Warrior genre games. The gameplay is just stupid absurdity.
  18. ➤ The Holiday [Spectrum] Monday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VKiKgxVakU
    I assumed this was gonna be a remake of the Queen Latifah movie, but nope, definitely not that. It's soem sort of dark drama about a family that goes on holiday... and I guess from this trailer that it doesn't go as planned. And no, I don't know what Spectrum is.
  19. ➤ Love and Gelato [Netflix] Wednesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIkQFUlBXF0
    It's like Emily in Paris, but it's in Spain and it doesn't have Lily Collins. Though she's pretty cute too.
  20. ➤ Capcom Fighting Collection [PC and consoles] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PSRHVtmIo
    Capcom releases a new Street Fighter collection every other tuesday, but this one contains some more niche titles. I know Darkstalkers fans will be happy to see some early and super niche Darkstalker titles in this collection.
  21. ➤ Trevor the Musical [Disney+] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PSRHVtmIo
    It's a stage musical, filmed and released on Disney+. Which I suppose is something we want to encourage them to keep doing.
  22. ➤ Press Play [Theaters] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AThHBsWUJgg
    I DID laugh at the part Danny Glover suddenly shows up and is like "This time travel totally makes sense scientifically speaking" No it doesn't, Danny Glover, shut your mouth.
  23. ➤ Chloe [Prime Video] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vn25bPIi30
    I guess she used to be friends with this girl, but they fell apart and she ended up just stocking her on social media for a while... but then she dies, so the once friend decides to infiltrate her new friend circle as an alternative persona to find out the truth. A little complicated and probably not worth trying to follow.
  24. ➤ Gordita Chronicles [HBO Max] Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_U1mkwMLvU
    Looks like a body positive dramedy about an immigrant family, and apparently it the brain child of Zoe Saldana and Eva Longoria.
  25. ➤ Flux Gourmet [VOD and Theaters] Friday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHraElR_v60
    ... What the fuck?
  26. ➤ Granada Nights [VOD] Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET2AbnvEi30
    Some indie festival coming of age drama that looks super tropey.
  27. ➤ Hotel Portofino [PBS] Sunday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEkll7GF9Yk
    Another low budget british thing, but at least this one got it's trailer on youtube, and has an actor I recognize. It's Dr. Halsey from Halo! Also, and I'm just realizing this now, she played the love interest on Californication. Great show.
  28. ➤ The Split Season 3 [Sundance] Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXW1Q7MK95Q
    I guess it's a British drama about old people having sex, on a streaming platform I know nothing about.
  29. ➤ Eureka! [Disney Jr] Wednesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18hh8CrPm4
    It's a show for like 4 year olds, in a Flinstones world where a girl is super smart and can invent crazy contraptions.
  30. ➤ Flatbush Misdemeanors Season 2 [Showtime] Sunday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-hdvjJebhc
    Oookay... a dry comedy... very very dry it seems.
  31. ➤ Marlene [VOD] Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJE2SjToUFk
    Based on a true story, and dude gets wrong fully accused, but his wife proves his innocence over like 70 years or something... I dunno. No matter how I describe it, it's going to sound more interesting than that trailer.
  32. ➤ Animal Kingdom Season 6 [TNT] Sunday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fYu5nu2_U
    Never heard of this low budget crime drama thing, but it definitely looks very dramatic. That's the only positive thing I can say about it.
  33. ➤ Endeavour Season 8 [PBS] Sunday
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/endeavour-season-8-preview/
    One of those BBC shows so low budget they didn't even put the trailer on youtube.
  34. ➤ Bid for Love [BET]Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EECVpja78KQ
    Just another low budget BET thing.

Honourable Mentions:
(Things that don't make this list, like continuing shows of quality, or non-fiction content)
[Order of release]

  • Abandoned with Emma Roberts was released in theaters last week and comes to streaming this week.
  • Hello Jack The Kindness show  The kids show on Apple+ returns for a second season.
  • Fall Guys The game already out on Playstation, is coming to Xbox and Switch this Tuesday.

(If I missed anything, feel free to point it out in the comments so others can know to check it out) (Release Dates taken from Metacritic.com)

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly News Headlines:  
(News from the past week you need to know, so you won't be as ignorant as a Qanon loser)

➤ An Oil Spill Shut Down a Great Lakes Shipping Route, but You Probably Didn't Hear About It

https://gizmodo.com/oil-spill-lake-superior-lake-huron-water-advisory-1849045010 

➤India isn’t ready for a deadly combination of heat and humidity

https://arstechnica.com/?p=1860137 

It's felt like a very mild summer so far. Cool even. Which is fuel for the anti-global warming crowd... but they of course ignore that there are other regions on Earth than Canada.

➤Ukraine: Russia said to be using more deadly weapons in war

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/06/11/ukraine-russia-more-deadly-weapons/

➤Russians control 80% of contested city in eastern Ukraine

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/06/14/russians-control-80-of-contested-city-in-eastern-ukraine/

➤Biden tells oil refiners: Produce more gas, fewer profits #News 

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/06/15/biden-tells-oil-refiners-produce-more-gas-fewer-profits/ 

The problem is, Oil refiners benefit from people suffering from high gas prices, because then they'll turn to conservatives, and conservatives more easily cave to Oil lobbyists. Get it?

➤Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Climate Change Is 'Healthy for All of Us' #News 

https://gizmodo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-climate-change-is-healthy-f-1849066151 

Uh huh. And that's what people are voting for because their gas price is too high. And yet it's attitudes like that that are partly to blame for why gas prices are too high.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

99% Geek Upcoming Schedule:
(Everything coming to the brand)

------------------------

MONDAY NIGHT: New Writing Release

WEDNESDAY: New Video Game Stream release

FRIDAY NIGHT: New Geekly Weekly Blog

------------------------

Upcoming Months of 99% Geek Phase 3:

July: Repeats from Phase 2 (Sorry, still trying to quit smoking and figure stuff out... But I'll start re-releasing older content again to try to draw in new readers... because if my novels don't start growing a vocal audience soon... I might just give up on novels and focus on scripts)
August
: Princess Myrandae and the City of Tomorrow

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Andrew Geczy and my brand is 99% Geek found at 99geek.ca

I'm a writer, writing monthly chapters of novels like episodes of TV shows, releasing them in 4 weekly segments (a teaser and three acts) on Mondays at noonish on my Patreon page. Every month it's a different book, over a range of genres, and they sometimes even crossover and connect. At the end of the month the finished chapter is added to the PDFs attached at the bottom of every post. Finally, the finished books are self-published on Amazon.

There's a Dark Fantasy story about a post-apocalyptic world where powerful royals rule and enslave the remaining peoples struggling to survive on the last remaining land mass. There's also a sci-fi story about a people on a dying world who have built a ship to a new one, but their project is almost brought down by a terrorist organization within their own ranks. Finally there's a crossover story where characters from my other books are brought into the distant future where the princess of a far advanced civilization, one that lives in a solar system sized mega-structure around a Dyson Sphere, needs help defeating her twisted power-hungry brother. And all these stories will be outside the paywall for all to enjoy as new episodes release weekly, and the finished chapters will be attached to the bottom of every post on the site in convenient PDF format readable on computers, tablets, ebook readers, and phones at the end of the month.

But that's not all my stories. There's also Urban Fantasy tales about a teenage girl turned into a vampire against her will, or a scorned lover investigating paranormal phenomena, or a journalist covering news and politics in the Middle East. And there's a fantasy story about a fallen angel trying to stop the end of the world. All these stories are published and available on Amazon, and are also safe and sound behind the paywall in PDF format attached to an archive at the top of my Patreon page. Only viewable by subscribers, my entire library of work, thousands of pages worth, is easily accessible to every subscriber at any level. (The paywall is down, as my library is being refreshed. Find all finished content attached below)

There's even a "Geekly Weekly" blog which covers all the news you may have missed over the week, as well as ranks the week's worth of television, and makes predictions on what new pop culture things might be in the public consciousness for the next week. It releases every Saturday.(Somewhat inconsistent since October, as my life has been focused on saving myself from poverty, starvation and homelessness)

Finally I do Video Game streams both multiplayer matchmaking as well as single player campaign playthroughs. You can see me play games like Final Fantasy, Call of  Duty, Hitman, and more. Watch them as they happen at twitch.tv/wingcommanderIV or wait till I release the recorded videos on days when I have nothing else to release.

And you can see it all in one place.

So stay tuned, and maybe subscribe. It's only a dollar and the support you show will go a very long way, I promise. There are also higher tiers.  Give 5 dollars one month and you can name a character, or location, or suggest a thing you might want to see. Basically you get to give a noun, and then I promise to incorporate that noun into one of my stories somehow. Maybe not the same month you give the suggestion, but within three months guaranteed. No matter how crazy, you can't sabotage me. I promise. Think of it like a fun improv game. And you can keep giving nouns, for every month you pay at the 5 dollar tier. Or if you give 10  dollars, you don't get two nouns, but you can give a description to go with your noun. Describe the personality of your character, or the look of your location, or the importance of your item. For 10 dollars you get  a noun and a description. You can also give a dollar towards supporting my efforts at Video Game streaming, or my weekly blog if that's more where your interests lie. And all subscribers at every tier will get early access to my writing, unedited but released a week early if you finish the current week and feel excited to find out what happens next. (You can also give at paypal.me/99geek if you just wanna support me in this tough time without a subscription)

I'm as poor as it gets, living pay check to pay check (and sometimes starving) (Recently especially. Things have never been worse and my life is on the verge of complete collapse). So I understand if you are too. I don't wanna take food out of your mouths. Your attention is  enough. Say something, comment here or at the very least, follow me on Twitter @AndrewGeczy or Instagram @WingcommanderIV Remember to leave a review if you read one of my books, any reviews on Amazon/Goodreads or subscriptions here or comments on social media will just encourage more people to check out my work and allow me to grow. I can't do it without your efforts. That's three different ways you can help. Write reviews on any site that lets you, subscribe here for as low as a dollar, or at the very least use your voice to let me and the world know you like what you read here.

Live Long and Prosper, May the Force Be With You, Long Live Marceline the Vampire Queen, remember that Kong bows to no one, but Godzilla is King of all Monsters. We are the 99% geek.

1 comment:

  1. Basically, my numbers on my patreon site are atrocious. My last Geekly Weekly I only got 9 views. Then I look here, and my last geekly weekly posted here got 111 views... so I'm gonna try double posting some stuff here and there, see if my numbers go up.

    I just want to find an audience. That's all I want.

    ReplyDelete