Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Geekly Daily 117 (Monday, May 6th):

Now Playing: Star Wars Battlefront 2
Now Listening: Game of thrones podcasts
Now Watching: Pokemon
Now Reading:  
Now Writing: Dakotah Slade Paranormal/Investigator
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Geekly Blog:
My last blog suggested I had a hail mary play to save myself from drowning in debt, and it involved asking family for help. It failed. Now all that's left is for me to declare bankruptcy. I'm looking into all the details of it now.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Geekly News Headlines:
May 4th:
The next Spider-Man trailer will come with a spoiler warning for endgame
https://screenrant.com/spider-man-far-home-trailer-endgame-spoilers-warning/
  Grand theft auto 6 rumoured to have multiple cities and be waiting for next generation consoles.
https://screenrant.com/grand-theft-auto-6-leaks-rumors-multiple-cities/
  Volcano destroys tilted towers in fortnite
https://kotaku.com/fortnites-vault-opens-volcano-destroys-tilted-towers-1834524763
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Geekly Weekly TV Rankings (➤ for new) ( I live tweet shows on twitter, but try  to keep those spoiler-lite @AndrewGeczy)
  1. Game of Thrones ****1/2This episode was good, though slower than other episodes and a lot of not great stuff happened that made me feel weird. Dani leaving her boats to die. How few unsullied are left. How fast everything is deteriorating for them. I dunno, It's not that the show is bad, I'm just not fond of the direction we're going in. I didn't love the places this episode led, and I dunno what is going to happen next week now. Is it good game of thrones still? Sure. Some of this episode was more game of thrones than we've seen in years. But is this better than what this show could have been had it gone in a different direction? I'm unconvinced.
  2. Doom Patrol ****1/2Fun episode of Doom Patrol this week, with perhaps a bit too much of a focus on Cyborg, and not as much zani-ness as other episodes, it was still fantastic and had wonderfully great moments, as well as a few strange sights including those strange robots that did the filing. There was also some comedy found in Robotman's interrogation, Jane's torture, and the loosening of the butts. I especially liked when the guy promptly killed himself upon learning the butts were loose.
  3.   Supergirl ****1/2Good episode of Supergirl this week, with Kara and Lena uncovering Lex's dastardly plans, and things taking a twist for the worse. I enjoyed most elements of this story, and how it ramped things up to no longer be a cold war. Also Kara came close to telling Lena her secret, something I've been waiting forever to happen. It didn't happen, but Kara made it clear it's on her mind too. Also I kind of knew the president would fuck her over there. The only part of this episode I didn't enjoy was Alex's subplot. Once more they are trying to force James' sister down our throats, and the fact that they hung out and she listened to Alex's bullshit for an enitre day, for no damn reason cause the adoption fell through, was such a waste of everyone's time. Sister Olsen, the show, mine. All our time. Thanks a lot Alex's bullshit. I love you Alex, but you are so extra sometimes.
  4.   Killing Eve ****Good episode of Killing Eve this week, though I can see the point of some early review I caught a glance of that voiced some issues. The show almost seems to be dedicated to giving us what we want, and not, at the same time. VIllanelle is nothing but amazing all the time, and makes this show infinitely watchable, even if the rest of the plotting slowly falls apart.
  5. ➤ Cloak and Dagger ***1/2I enjoyed this episode for the most part, even though it dragged at points. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood to spend an episode in dreamland watching Dagger's psyche slowly break. And it's was done fine. Not like amazing, but it was certainly effective enough for it's purposes. I enjoyed the moments in the record room, when the sound would get really quiet and you'd hear every little tap of a finger against a sleeve. The sound design was well done. And Olivia Holt remains an incredibly strong actress.
  6. Saturday Night Live **Boring episode of SNL, that did little to bring the laughs. Maybe it's because I don't have a great appreciation for Adam Sandler, but I don't find him funny, and I found the family reunion sketch the least funny of all. The song about holes was really bad too. And there was a lot of reused sketches, and while there were certainly parts that had me chuckling, the only part I really enjoyed at all was the Chris Farley Memorial at the end. Actually I take that back. I also really enjoyed the opening sketch, and I usually hate the tired Family Feud sketch, but throwing in both Game of Thrones and the Avengers, and making them compete was worth every penny. Great way to start, it's only too bad the rest of the show never hit that height. 
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:

No comments:

Post a Comment