Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Geekly Daily 27 (Tuesday, November 13): Wish I could afford Hitman 2

Now playing: Battlefield 1
Now Watching: DVR

Now Listening: Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading:  Pokemon Lets Go Reviews


I had a paragraph written here about how much it sucks Hitman 2 is a full priced release, but the blog site ate it I guess. I bought season 1, because I really wanted to take part in the elusive targets (Timed week long missions to kill a special target and after that week can "never" be played again), but I ended up only doing about 4, and then I got busy and missed a bunch and then stopped trying. I meant to get back to the rest of the game but I never did, and now it's all in Hitman 2 and there's new Elusive targets, but I don't want to pay 80 dollars just to play a few more timed events. But the OCD in me desperately doesn't want to miss it. And the first one is Sean Bean.

Is the elusive targets worth an 80 dollar price tag? My OCD says yes it definitely is, but I'm too poor to be making those kinds of decisions any more. I've got Pokemon coming, and Smash Bros. I can't even afford them, I really can't add Hitman to the last. Or Fallout 76. WHy are games coming out so fast? I still haven't beat spider man! Instead I'm super tired and going to bed with still a full damn dvr. blah.

That said, it seems Hitman 2 has a prologue for free, and it has all the levels and campaign and missions and content from season 1 ported over into the second game if you own season one, and apparently that offer might even work with just the free prologue. I'm downloading now. That would be amazing, to be able to play the maps I own in Hitman 2, and just wait to buy the new maps when I need them. It's an idea. If this works, that a pretty reasonable thing for them to do, letting me play my season 1 content in their new game engine.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. Arrow *****
    This week's episode was great. It was compelling as Oliver learned about Level 2, and met Talia AL Ghul. Them working together was a lot of fun, and she mentioned Batman in passing. Also, Felicity becoming frineds with Black Srien is just way too much fun. I want more of that. It was nice seeing Curtis getting back in the field.
  2. ➤ Legends of Tomorrow ****1/2 Good episode, though I didn't love the way Sara's girlfriend got all authoritative and ruined Sara's awesome summer camp adventure as a camp counsellor. I wanted to see her befirend those kids and have secret handshakes. That said, the part at the end when they became kids was pretty adorable.
  3. Supergirl ****
     A good episode this week, continuing the season's focus on ignorance, racism, and bigotry. This is definitely Supergirl at her best, and the show is coming up with some interesting solutions that involve finding what these fanatics look up to, and trying to reach them through those avenues. So they look up to Guardian. Instead of Guardian denouning them he should be telling them "Yeah, I do like humans and human interests, but I also believe aliens feel all the same feelings and love and pain, and deserve all the same protections the rest of us do.I stand for everyone." We'll see how well it works, but it seems to be a tactic Olsen is willing to try.
  4. Doctor Who ****
    A great episode this week, dealing with a complicated plot that started off creepy with potentially horrifying monsters of the week. The way they were projecting into the Doctor's mind, coupled with the creepy music, really gave a sense of dread. But in the end the enemy wasn't monsters at all. It was regular people, and good ol fashioned bigotry. A very poignant story in our current landscape, and much in a similar vein to Supergirl. But where Supergirl had an uplifting attempt to solve the problem, Doctor Who seemed to suggest there was no answer. Just be the best person YOU can be. Which is fine. Who's right? Maybe a bit of both. They are both strong episodes, deservedly side by side.
  5.  The Walking Dead ****
    This seems to be a strong 4 star week for TV, with shows performing great, but not quite hitting that mind blowing five star rating. The funnest aspect of this episode was definitely getting to know Judith. She seems like such a little bad ass and I'm all in for that. At this point, I could care less about Michonne, which is a weird place to be in. I also enjoyed Eugene and and Rosita, and I was really disappointed that she was with Gabriel cause I think Eugene would be so cute for her. And he's become quite the bad ass now.
  6. The Last Ship ****Another 4 star show, this time the finale. And what a finale it was. There was quite a bit of action and mayhem, with the invasion, and then the fight in the villa, and the naval battle against the battleship. That's a lot to fit into 40 minutes. Somehow I knew though, when the episode began, that it would end with Tom Chandler single handedly ramming the Nathan James into the battleship that no one but him believed even existed.
  7.  Ducktales ****
     
    Good not great episode of the show, there were some funny plots and subplots, fun character dynamics. But the focus on Donald again was annoying. Without Don Cheadle voicing him, I just don't care about Donald at all. The cabaneros were annoying too, but the plant that had taken over the town was fun.
  8.  ZNation ****Good episode of Znation, lots of fun. I don't know quite how Murphy set all that up so quickly, I think there was a throwaway line of them setting it up before he got there, and looking for a prophesized Red one. It was fun having Addy back, they made me miss Lucy. I loved Limbo, it was a fun setting, and Doc was great fun all episode long. As always. Don't really understand how they are so bad ass 90% of the time, then three guys with guns walk in at the end and do whatever they want and no one just kills them. The Z team I know would have just merked those fools and Dante and his wife would have gotten to live.
  9. Family Guy ***1/2
    It was an alright episode of Family Guy, definitely had a lot of quotable lines. Yet again, I appreciated the creativity they brought to the cut aways. Like all of Meg's hilarious one woman plays. Every one of those had me in stitches. Or the cutaway to Chris shivving the Michelin man, and then it cuts back to the dinner table and Lois is like "Chris how could you! That was silly, sure, but it was also murder!"
  10. Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    Poe Dameron showed up this week, and the main guy got an X-wing. Of course he had to give it away at the end of the episode. I would have prefered the show where BB-8 went with Poe, and the main character kept his xwing and female dorid, but okay. Poe dameron just abandons BB8 again, cause that fits his character. Not a bad episode though. More flying woulda been nice. Lets see how much of a mistake it was helping that one girl.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1.  Vice
  2.   Last Week Tonight
  3. ➤Stephen Colbert 

No comments:

Post a Comment