Sunday, November 18, 2018

Geekly Weekly 11 (Saturday, November 17):Sorry I missed a couple Dailies

Now playing: Pokemon Lets Go Eevee
Now Watching: My DVR

Now Listening: Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading:  https://t.co/Z4fjbxkHBh


Sorry I missed a couple dailies, my life has been crazy and stressful and crazy, and I'm still getting used to the new job and trying not to lose it, and trying to reorganize my life so it works better. and trying (and failing) to quit smoking. Trying and failing to not spend money. Trying to cut back on eating because I'm so poor. It's been a really hard time.

And I don't work again till Thursday, and I only have 2 shifts next week. They are both nights, training, with the plan being that I'll start nights full time the next week, completely on my own. Could have happened this week, but I haven't gotten my police check yet from the police, so they can ahve me on my own. I'm gonna try to use the whole ton of time off this week to catch up on things, start and hopefully finish this month's chapter, and build a time management system that works for me cause lately it really hasn't Maybe it's been jumping between sleeping schedules like crazy, having to wake up at odd hours in the mornings and then passing out at odd times in the afternoons and evenings. Makes it really hard to get anything done. This was supposed to be Friday's daily, but then I was just suddenly hit by insane exhaustion at 9 o clock and passed out against my better judgement like I was Mr. Bean or something. I think the stress of the new job, and being so scared I'd be fired, has really impacted me. I even have a canker sore in my mouth, and I haven't had one of those in years and years.

Oh and in case you're wondering if I've but cutting back on food to try and save money and pay off some of my debt, no. It's just to make up for needing an Elgato streaming doohickey, and for the sake of my emotional well being, needing Pokemon, and Smash in December. Oh and Diablo earlier. Oh and I'm holding out on Hitman (With really not much hope for any positive changes) because I really want it before the first timed event ends (Dec 6, starts on Nov 20), but this upcoming week with only 2 shifts is not gonna help make that happen. And I'm really low on food, and soon I have to either grocery shop, or my eating out bills are gonna cost me more than Grocery shopping would.

Oh and Fallout 76 is sounding more and more interesting. I love the idea of building a base in a large persistent world where you're all building the world together. PLus it's a prequel, so even though I've been holding off playing other Fallout Titles because I want to play them in order, I can technically start there and my OCD wont trigger. On the other hand, unlike all the other games I mentioned, it's a game I can put on me to-play list, even near the top, and with my new rule of not buying games I don't intend to immediately play, I could end up not needing to buy it for years still. Especially with the time it's taking me to beat Spider-man (Pokemon and Diablo don't count towards my one game at a time clause because I've beaten their stories before, and therefore don't risk losing my place if I play them sporadically...my OCD is strange and arbitrary).

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. American Horror Story *****
    Great finale this week on American Horror Story. It's too bad we lost Myrtle, she had easily the best line of the season with "Well, it appears we're fucked, My dear." Such a great line. Such a great finale. So many amazing moments, everything came together great. That moment when Madison's head exploded.Really the only disappointment was losing Myrtle. She is absolutely my favorite character of the season.
  2. ➤ Riverdale ***** I honestly think that might have been the best episode of the entire show. I dunno if maybe it hit me when I was in just the right mood, but I was so fucking on the edge of my seat during the entire breakout. I thought for the most part the entire episode was done so well. I was surprised how much they managed to fit into one episode, how intense and well paced it was. The juxtaposition oh Jughead's game with Archie's escape was really well executed. I have to admit, I cared more about Archie's side of the story, but as dumb as Jughead's narration was I personally felt it managed to up the tension instead of distract from it. 
  3.  Arrow *****
    This week's episode was great. It was compelling as Oliver learned about Level 2, and met Talia Al Ghul. Them working together was a lot of fun, and she mentioned Batman in passing. Also, Felicity becoming friends with Black Siren is just way too much fun. I want more of that. It was nice seeing Curtis getting back in the field.
  4.  Legends of Tomorrow ****1/2
    Good episode, though I didn't love the way Sara's girlfriend got all authoritative and ruined Sara's awesome summer camp adventure as a camp counselor. I wanted to see her befriend those kids and have secret handshakes. That said, the part at the end when they became kids was pretty adorable.
  5.  The Flash ****
    It was a fun episode this week, with the funniest scene being when Iris jumped off that building. I did not see that coming and it was unintentionally hilarious. I was laughing so hard. The main story was pretty cool, the Caitlyn side story was boring. The iris jump off a building at the end was forced and absurd. But the episode was still largely fun, and I still really care for Nora, and Iris, and Barry and their parent/daughter relationships.Oh, also that Mannequin dude was a little over the top. He kept being overly dramatic and weird for seemingly no reason except that it looks cool on camera. I just, I didn't get it. And then he was beaten off screen, so I guess there was nothing to get.
  6.  The Gifted ****
    I'm surprised. That was actually a good episode of the gifted. Things actually happened! People died. Horribly. It was wonderful. Sure, I didn't care at all for Amy Acker and Bill Compton's side story. That was a snoozefest that fixed itself. But everything involving the bad guys, and the heist, and Esme with the baby, and Polaris being bad ass, and that crazy evil girlfriend of Andy's being a twisted psychopath. Even the Purifier stuff was somewhat interesting, especially when compared to the Von Strucker plotline. Even Blink's subplot was cool. "Are you with the Morlocks?" "No' "Is your girlfriend with the Morlocks?" "Are you with the morlocks?" "Okay, yeah, I'm with the morlocks."Well, at least that's over.
  7.  Supergirl ****
     A good episode this week, continuing the season's focus on ignorance, racism, and bigotry. This is definitely Supergirl at her best, and the show is coming up with some interesting solutions that involve finding what these fanatics look up to, and trying to reach them through those avenues. So they look up to Guardian. Instead of Guardian denouning them he should be telling them "Yeah, I do like humans and human interests, but I also believe aliens feel all the same feelings and love and pain, and deserve all the same protections the rest of us do.I stand for everyone." We'll see how well it works, but it seems to be a tactic Olsen is willing to try.
  8.  Doctor Who ****
    A great episode this week, dealing with a complicated plot that started off creepy with potentially horrifying monsters of the week. The way they were projecting into the Doctor's mind, coupled with the creepy music, really gave a sense of dread. But in the end the enemy wasn't monsters at all. It was regular people, and good ol fashioned bigotry. A very poignant story in our current landscape, and much in a similar vein to Supergirl. But where Supergirl had an uplifting attempt to solve the problem, Doctor Who seemed to suggest there was no answer. Just be the best person YOU can be. Which is fine. Who's right? Maybe a bit of both. They are both strong episodes, deservedly side by side.
  9.  ➤Titans ****
     
    It was a good episode this week, delving into Dick's past. But it wasn't as good as last week.
  10.  Black Lightning ****
     
    This weeks episode was really good, but what the heck was up with Gambi's death? Is it for real? Or did he fake it? We don't get to see his body? It happened so fast, right at the beginning of the episode... I don't understand, was he sick? Did he want off, so they had to write him off fast, or does this serve a story purpose? Cause people are pissed. Other than that though, I thought this episode was great.
  11.  The Walking Dead ****
    This seems to be a strong 4 star week for TV, with shows performing great, but not quite hitting that mind blowing five star rating. The funnest aspect of this episode was definitely getting to know Judith. She seems like such a little bad ass and I'm all in for that. At this point, I could care less about Michonne, which is a weird place to be in. I also enjoyed Eugene and and Rosita, and I was really disappointed that she was with Gabriel cause I think Eugene would be so cute for her. And he's become quite the bad ass now.
  12.  The Last Ship ****
    Another 4 star show, this time the finale. And what a finale it was. There was quite a bit of action and mayhem, with the invasion, and then the fight in the villa, and the naval battle against the battleship. That's a lot to fit into 40 minutes. Somehow I knew though, when the episode began, that it would end with Tom Chandler single handedly ramming the Nathan James into the battleship that no one but him believed even existed. 
  13.  ➤ The Big Bang Theory ****A fun episode. I was about to say not a lot of consequence, but the whole project Sheldon and Amy have been working on since last season was just proven false. I enjoyed the B story more than the A story, with Bernadette learning how to play Fortnite, and getting really into video games. She's awesome, and I want more of that.
  14.  Ducktales ****
     
    Good not great episode of the show, there were some funny plots and subplots, fun character dynamics. But the focus on Donald again was annoying. Without Don Cheadle voicing him, I just don't care about Donald at all. The cabaneros were annoying too, but the plant that had taken over the town was fun.
  15.  ZNation ****Good episode of Znation, lots of fun. I don't know quite how Murphy set all that up so quickly, I think there was a throwaway line of them setting it up before he got there, and looking for a prophesized Red one. It was fun having Addy back, they made me miss Lucy. I loved Limbo, it was a fun setting, and Doc was great fun all episode long. As always. Don't really understand how they are so bad ass 90% of the time, then three guys with guns walk in at the end and do whatever they want and no one just kills them. The Z team I know would have just merked those fools and Dante and his wife would have gotten to live.
     The second episode I saw this week was a lot of fun too. Another weedcentric episode. Theres one in every season. Usually involving Doc. Always really random. Doc has a High-larious imagination.
  16.  Family Guy ***1/2
    It was an alright episode of Family Guy, definitely had a lot of quotable lines. Yet again, I appreciated the creativity they brought to the cut aways. Like all of Meg's hilarious one woman plays. Every one of those had me in stitches. Or the cutaway to Chris shivving the Michelin man, and then it cuts back to the dinner table and Lois is like "Chris how could you! That was silly, sure, but it was also murder!"
  17.  Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    Poe Dameron showed up this week, and the main guy got an X-wing. Of course he had to give it away at the end of the episode. I would have prefered the show where BB-8 went with Poe, and the main character kept his xwing and female droid, but okay. Poe dameron just abandons BB8 again, cause that fits his character. Not a bad episode though. More flying woulda been nice. Lets see how much of a mistake it was helping that one girl.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice
  2.   Last Week Tonight
  3. ➤Vice News Tonight
  4. James Corden 
  5. Stephen Colbert
  6. ➤ Real Time with Bill Maher
  7. ➤This Hour has 22 Minutes
  8. The Daily Show 

No comments:

Post a Comment