Friday, January 4, 2019

Geekly Daily 43 (Thursday, January 3):

Now playing:

Now Watching: Pokemon
Now Listening: Incomporable podcasts

Now Reading/Writing:


No real blog today, just figured this needed an update. Not much TV, but you guys gotta know what's good so you guys can have something to watch. When there's nothing to discuss on the blog, maybe I'll leave the title blank. So people will know when to tune in, if they come here for the blog...

Speaking of, my entry about a universal basic wage, I had a lot of people apparently view it, but no comments or discussions. I feel like people probably got to "you probably think I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist" and they were like "Yup." and shut me off. I guess there's nothing I can do about that, but I'm not crazy. I'm not.

Wait, who's at the door. What's with the jacket. Hey wait, get that syringe away! No DOn't ahgweuifjlbhwjkcsdfnck.a....

.....

.....

ANDREW IS FINE. ANDREW IS GETTING THE HELP HE NEEDS. NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new):
  1. Les Miserables*****
    I really enjoyed the first episode of this show. I'm a huge fan of the musical, but knew going in that this would be based on the book instead. By the creator of War and Peace, another well done adaptation by the BBC, this series was incredible with great acting, writing, and sets. The battle of Waterloo at the open of the episode was jaw dropping. The number of bodi8es, the scale of the scene. It was enrapturing and horrifying. If there's any complaints, it's that the story is close enough to the musical that I keep singing aloud the songs alongside where they would be. Fontine met those boys I was immediately like "I dreamed a dream of time gone by" remembered what the song was about and started yelling at the TV "DONT DO IT FONTINE! HE'S A PREDATOR!" but she didn't listen to me.
  2. Z Nation ****1/2
    It's funny, when the episode started, someone said something about taking Sun Mei's brain to Murphy, and I tweeted "Oh, so this episode is going to end with Murphy eating Sun Mei's brain and learning the cure for zombies?" and apparently I had a really good grasp on the show I was watching, because yeah that is literally the final shot. Considering how much of a surprise it was that Znation got cancelled, I'm actually really impressed at how well this episode works as a finale. Maybe Doc and 10k don't get much of a wrap up, and oh yeah, Warren is dead. I thought that was a kind of dumb reveal. Especially since I'm sure Murphy will just cure her with the zombie cure and everything will be good. And they have a place to live now and they can all live happily ever after. It is a surprisingly good series finale. OH and Pandora's face! I almost dropped the half off the score for the Warren twist, but Pandora's face was so good. That effect was fucking grisly. She was awesome all season. Znation, you were the little engine that could, and you did, and you will be missed.
  3. The Orville ****
    Wow. What balls this show has. The season premiere, and there's no action, no big special effects. It's almost completely focused on relationships, and that's kind of great. I almost gave this 5 stars cause I wanted it higher than ZNation, but it wasn't that good. It's probably even more a three star episode, but just the balls they had making this the premiere shows how much the care about taking the characters seriously, no matter how silly the show can get. It's like doubling down on itself, and I applaud that. The captain drama with his first officer got tired last season, but felt somewhat fresh this episode, perhaps because of the time apart. The cute girl's plot was meh, but she got out at just the right time. That text would have been my line. As for Gordon, he should have gone for the new girl, cause now she's talking to the captain, and we all know he isn't right for her. Oh, and the Doctor's storyline with her son I started off kind of hating in a bemused sort of way, but Issac's role in it made it my favourite storyline of the night.  
  4. ➤The Gifted**
    This week's episode was alright, until the battle scene that was very clearly filmed with Lorna and Sunspot in a field making gestures at the camera, then all the bad guys in a different field probably in a whole different city reacting. It wasn't even done at all well. It was crap. But there were some good dramatic scenes between the two characters, this episodes only saving grace. Even Andy's scenes with his family were ridiculous and pendulum swung from one direction to the other with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤Vice News
  2. Graham Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment