Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Geekly Daily 54 (Tuesday, January 22):

Now playing: High Maintenance

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Can't stress enough. High Maintenance rules. Sorry Good Place and Big Bang theory don't get a write up, but I gotta get to work. Weeee!


Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new):
  1. High Maintenance *****
    I love this show so much. I definitely consider it required viewing, and with like 25 things to choose from, it immediately jumped out at me. I've missed the show, I wish the seasons were longer. The way it just shows so many different types of people and aspects of life in such a real and honest way. It is like no show that exists, and it's only half an hour an episode. It's worth it. I really like the new girl. And she has Synesthesia! You know I'm a fan of Synesthesia. I'm all for that whole thing. More of this. I want it. 5 stars.
  2. Arrow ****1/2Great episode of Arrow this week. I'd almosy give it 5 stars, but the flashforward held it back. What was going on with Rene? Why is Zoe super white in the past and then an Indian woman in the future? I honestly like the kid actress that plays her. I'd be cool with her getting more screentime and storylines more than "Is that the green arrow?" and then like 3 references throughout the episode. I mean, I appreciate that Rene at least remembers he has a daughter unlike some shows... and like some people on this show (Cough, where's Oliver's son, cough, cough I don't care either cough). I enjoyed all the stuff with Emiko. I even got excited with everyone else at the end with the build up to Oliver finally talking with her. I can't wait to see what they have to say to each other. I thought some of her fight scenes felt a little off, and also it's interesting you can clearly tell she's a woman now, when before it really could have gone either way. Begin of the season just way taller, completely different face structure behind the mask. But okay, whatever. I'll just tale their word for it I guess, cause as much as I've seen people complain about this episode online, I really enjoyed it. And I still like Arrow. I can't concieve of watching the Arrowverse but not watching Arrow, yet a lot of people do. It's the show people love to hate for some reason.
  3. Star Trek Discovery ****1/2
    Decent season premiere. The visual effects with the asteroid field, and all those strange gravitational pulses, was fun and interesting. Tig Notaro was weird. Pike was fun, and chill, and respects his team which was nice. I thought the weakest aspect of the episode was all the flashbacks. The acting was off, everything child SPock did was off, and Burnam's constant obssession with Alice in Wonderland is a little weird. Is it the only book she's ever read? It's not even that good of a story. The writer was quite likely a pervert!
    Also the end didn't land at all. Her face as she's like "Oh my god, it's CG bullshit!!!" And none of it mean't anything. Just bullshit bullshit bullshit. But other than those complaints, great episode. :p
  4. Supergirl ****
    Everything with Brainiac was fun this week, from his date with Nee... nope not gonna try with that one, to him compartmentalizing his mind to protect himself from interrogation. I also found Alex's story to be really compelling, right up until they decided to wipe her mind at the end, which is insane. Why not just resign from the DEO instead of change everything about yourself? Ugh! Also, so far this season I don't think they made it really clear to us that the General didn't know Kara was Alex's sister. Cause I was really confused why the General trusted Alex so much about Supergirl matters, and this episode it was like "Oh, she doesn't get the connection." That must have been really confusing for her then. She must have thought they were like Lesbians or something. Which I mean Alex is.
  5. ➤ The Good Place ****
  6. ➤The Big Bang Theory****
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤ Stephen Colbert
  2. ➤ James Corden

No comments:

Post a Comment