Sunday, September 9, 2018

99% Geekly Weekly 1 (September 9): Spider-man Week

Now playing: Spiderman (PS4)
Now Watching: Spiderman 1-3, Amazing Spider-Man 1-2
Now Listening: MCU in Review Podcast
Now Reading: Mickey Mouse comics from 1930s... don't ask

Welcome to my new weekly blog. I’m a huge TV fanatic, and with peak Tv totally a thing, I wanted a place where I could share personal rankings on everything I watch. I’ll also try to keep you up to date with my latest opinions, as well as news on my upcoming 99 geek projects. Don’t worry, I’ll still be giving free excerpts from my chapters released on patreon.com/99geek and I even think I’ll try creating audiobooks again. It didn’t work well last time, but when you don’t succeed, just try and try again.

Even though TV has been gone all summer,  it hasn't been all gone. There's been some great TV still, like Killjoys and Wrecked. If you haven't been watching, you've been missing some good stuff that would be okay during peak TV, but is really hitting the spot in the recent drought.

And that drought is about to end. You'll be able to track all the best shows to watch here.

I re-watched all the non-MCU Spider-man movies, and as usual I couldn't stand Tobey Maguire's Spider-man. I really do believe the Amazing Spider-man movies, while not perfect, were better movies and really understood Spider-man better. Maybe give them another chance?

Oh one more thing. Here's my Spiderman playthrough Part 1. https://youtu.be/6yuoX-NOx0A

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings:
  1. Killjoys *****
    Great show on Sci-fi. Awesome kick ass cast, and great writing makes up for low budget and generic setting.
  2. Fear The Walking Dead *****
    I don't agree with people that insist The Walking Dead has gone to shit. Maybe it's not the best, but I enjoy every tense moment of the show, every quite ponderous linger on a characters face portraying all the crazy emotions these people go through. It can be slow, but that's been the point from the beginning right? There's nothing wrong with something slow that can make you feel.
  3. Wrecked ****
    A comedy sitcom version of Lost. It really should not be as good as it is, but it's really really funny. It has numerous quotables an episode, oh and Rhys Darby.
  4. Kidding **
    It's not good. But I kinda get what he's trying to do, and I'm waiting to see if it can touch me. There were moments it came close. If this is coming from Jim Carrey's heart, I'm willing to give him the time to try to understand how he's become such a  mess. Ugh, he was cringeworthy on Bill Maher, he has to stop those voices and faces and shit, but I think that's his only gimmick.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Stephen Colbert
  2. Vice News
  3. Daily Show
  4. James Corden
  5. Real Time with Bill Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment