Sunday, September 30, 2018

Geekly Weekly 4 (Spetember 30): Isabol Tseung Chapter 1 Release tonight!

Now playing: Spider-man PS4
Now Watching: Iron Fist Season 2 
Now Listening: My podcast on iTunes search 99% geek
Now Reading: My chapter for my Patreon (I could desperately use subscribers)

Finally finished Season 2 of Iron Fist. I loved it. It was a great season of the show, if not a great season of Marvel. For people who didn't enjoy season 1, I'm not like you, but you still might enjoy season 2. There's a lot less Danny Rand, and more Colleen and Misty Knight. It even gets to the point where Colleen replaces Danny Rand as the Iron Fist. It's amazing! Check it out. Great ending to the show, can't wait to see what happens next. We've definitely gone a different direction than the comics, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

It's a good thing I finished it too, cause after that, it's been a huge week for TV. Looking over all of this below, I'm kinda blown away it's only been a week. I feel like all I've done this week is watch TV. And bust my ass at my night job of course. It's like hell every single night, but welcome to living in poverty as a minimum wage cuck. I also picked up a shift next week cause I desperately need the money, so my weekend is gonna be cut short. :( And then back to the grind.

I meant to release this this morning before passing out, but I didn't end up doing any of my chores. I got home feeling like such a used and tenderized piece of meet, I collapsed into my bed a gellatin mess and passed right out. I have to work so hard at my job, they expect so much, keep adding more, customers keep getting more frequent, we get no help, the write us up for stupid dumb shit while the previous shift leaves the place a disaster for us (They're unsupervised high schoolers), and after 6 years I still barely get paid over minimum wage. I live in hell. I wish to god my writing would take off. I need a miracle to save me because i'm stuck. I'm stuck in a nightmare and I can't get out.

I'm going to edit the new chapter right now, it'll be up on my patreon within hours. Please, if you're at all interested, it's just a dollar to subscribe and you get access to my entire library of writing (Over 1000 pages). Books like seasons of tv shows, each chapter is an episode. They share universes, crossover regularly. All I need is an audience. 99geek.ca for links to everything. Even if you, like me, have no mjoney even for food, let alone entertainment, at least follow me on Twitter @Andrew Geczy In fact, send me a message. Talk to me, help me build an audience, and I'll be happy to send you my writing for free.

Don't want to pay a subscription? I also have finished "seasons" on Amazon, and i could use some reviews. They're even free with kindle unlimited. AT the very least, comment below so I know people are there and enjoying this weekly blog.

About the below rankings, I think I saw there was a new SNL, I haven't watched my DVR from last night, so all this long list doesn't include Saturday, but does include last weekend. Some shows had multiple episodes here.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings:
  1. South Park *****
    South Park is one of my favourite shows of all time. Definitely my favourite animated show. South Park is the shit. There's a lot of controversy surrounding this weeks episode. Before you listen to any of the haters, the episode was great amazing. Boundary pushing. Very touchey subject and they didn't shy away from being offensive. Not in the slightest. It was about school shootings, and really drilled home how little America cares anymore. How it's becoming normal. The line was pushed so far, they ended the episode with a hashtag "#CancelSouthPark" so now when you see the hashtag you can't be sure if they're showing support or hating on it. It's ingenuous. The episode was amazing. Harsh, but no more than America deserved. I laughed the whole time threw, I thought that episode was really strong. People who hate on South Park really don't get it. It is the highest standard of humour. It goes right over the heads of a lot of people. But this is a show that is only stronger now than it was a decade ago.
  2. Shameless *****
    Another great episode of the show. Possibly the worst episode of the season, but there's never a bad episode. There was so much to enjoy, Lip's story with Xan, Debbie's story exploring her gay side. Carl trying to save dogs from euthanasia. Liam trying to fit in in public school. 
  3. American Horror Story ****
    Crazy episode. Proved my recent theory that it was all a simulation completely wrong. Also, I can't believe what they did to ever single main character so far. 3 of them are back, but not the three I was expecting. WHat about the two lovers? Did they have to die vomitting blood on each other's faces and foaming at the mouth as they stared into each others eyes and asphyxiated. Horrifying. I thought for sure it would be those two and Billie Lourd who made it. Side note, I love Billie Lourd so much. I'd support her in anything, she might be one of the best actresses in Hollywood.
  4. The Big Bang Theory **** 
    I love the Big Bang Theory. I don't want it to end, but this is the final season. I love that I have been hanging out with these people for 12 years. And it's not like I'm tuning in every week to amazing stories. I'm tuning in to a bunch of geeks just hang out, and I love it. I think some of the development and world building has been slow and limited, but I put that just on them taking their time and enjoying the moment. Which felt better when it was never going to end. I would love to see Penny and Lenard continue to grow closer together. I'd love to see some development around the board besides just Sheldon, but with the show ending this year, it doesn't even really matter anymore.
    Also, second episode came out, it's even better than the first. Really hilarious, loved the focus on Stu and his relationship. Loved the b plot with Lenard's gift and how that ended. Hilarious. Classic episode.
  5. The Goldbergs ****
    The Goldbergs is a great show. The cast is hilarious. From the mom, dad, sister, brother, they are all perfectly cast. The show also has fun nostalgia. I was gonna rate it a little lower, but it definitely didn't deserve to be lower than The Gifted, so I might have to lower the ratings of everything next week. Balance the scale. It's about the 80s, and if you appreciate the 80s as much as... well most people do, then you should check it out.
  6. Wrecked ***1/2
     
    I was gonna give this one three stars, but I didn't want it lower than The Last Ship, so I gave it an extra half star for continuing the story thread of Owen just being a terrible human being. It's amusing how he was the good looking sane one of the group, but the more we're learning about his past this season turns out he was like the worst kind of mess of a person. Living in a Van under a bridge to avoid paying taxes, fighting against other homeless people just for a spot to live.
  7. The Gifted ***1/2
    When I decided this week to start using half stars, I did not expect to need it three times in one week. I was going to give this a lower score. I don't know why, but I've always found The Gifted kinda boring. I love a lot of the actors. I love Lorna (Oh so much) I love the X-men. I love every comic book thing ever. ANd yet, I find this show a total bore. Every time people are talking, which is all the time, I find myself not giving less of a shit for what they are saying. It's just like "blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, whatever move on." maybe it's just the show's very old school network approach of really hammering home the point again and again and again. When my brains already done with a scene and moved on, they are still padding with a conversation about it for another 5 minutes. I dunno. I love slow shows. I can watch The Walking Dead forever. I never want it to end. But I don't know what's wrong with The Gifted. There just us. And then that Lorna-centric ending happened, and even though it was super lame, and I was rolling my eyes, I cried anyway. I can roll my eyes and cry at the same time. I'm very pathetic like that. So not quite a 4, but you made me feel, you deserve more than a three.
  8.  Whose Line Is it Anyway ***1/2 
    I love this show. I've been a fan since a child, watching it with my mom. I love Aisha Tyler as hosts, love her playful teasing relationship with Wayne. It's still as fun as ever.

  9. The Last Ship ***1/2 
    May have been the best episode this season. This one and the last had a focus on action, and characters I like. The new helicopter pilot they got is a bad ass. The story of uniting Cuba and Mexico was silly but not boring. Overall, the past two episodes have been some of the best this show gets. We really can't expect more from the show than this
  10. The Good Place ***
    I love this show, enough that it hurts me to put it this low, but the news episode wasn't great. There were parts I laughed at but it took a long time, rehashed a lot, and didn't land it's jokes. Some of the jokes were great though. Some not that much. I'm not too excited for the direction we're going in this season so far.
  11. You *
    I'm out on You. It's not that it's a bad tv show. But it triggers me. The way she was fucking douchebags on Tinder, while leading on the main character. Horrifying and true. THat was too much for me. Not every woman is like that, but a lot of the ones I've had in my life are, and it's a hard thing to deal with. I don't understand it. I don't understand why so many women out there want to befriend guys like me, but only want to get intimate with shitty awful people. And it's all I see everywhere around me. This show just sets me off and makes me feel shitty.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice
    Amazing story by Isobel Yeung about consent
    . She's literally my hero.
  2. Last Week Tonight
    Amazing conversation about Kavanaugh 
  3. Vice News Tonight
    Where every news organization has coverage on Kavanaugh practically 24/7, Vice News Tonight still managed to bring a unique perspective that went more in depth and brought us the "truth" from both sides. Their friday episode was proof why Vice is my news platform of choice and always will be. There's no other that shows instead of tells, that presents truth and honesty in its ugly reality.
  4. Stephen Colbert
  5. The Daily Show
  6. The Graham Norton Show
    Great guests: Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper, the new Doctor Who

  7. Real Time With Bill Maher
  8. James Corden

    No comments:

    Post a Comment