Sunday, September 23, 2018

Geekly Weekly 3 (September 23): Captain Marvel Trailer

Now playing: Spiderman PS4
Now Watching:  Iron Fist Season 2
Now Listening: More Kinda Funny Podcasts
Now Reading: My book, for the podcast


Shortly after the Captain Marvel trailer came out, I saw this on twitter. https://twitter.com/harleivy/status/1042057651604127745

It made me happy. I like feminism and women power. Strong independent women are awesome and beautiful. I love bending gender norms. I love smart beautiful strong women. They just don't love me. I was attacked on twitter the other day, accused of just being a feminist because I thought it would get me laid. Well if I did, I can assure everyone that it doesn't work. But that's absolutely not why I'm a feminist. If anything I'm a feminist despite the fact it means I'll never "get laid". I refuse to play the sort of mind games and bullshit demeaning crap it seems to take for women to want to date you, I'd rather be alone than that. I refuse to expect any woman to look after me, do my chores for me. Looking back on how I took advantage of my mother, it's so unfair to her. We were all that way with our mothers. Most of them likely deserve more credit than we give them. They give and give with no expectation of getting anything back.

Unless you had shitty parents, but that's a topic for another day.

My finances are about as bad as can be. Please, check out some of my writing. If you're interested in stories told over time, stories you can keep up with a chapter at a time like a tv show, dig into the story as it's being written, please consider subscribing to my patreon. patreon.com/99geek No one ever wants to pay for writing. I have over a thousand pages of content, most of which features strong female protagonists, and yet I have to work nights at a coffee shop full time to still not make ends meet. ANyway you can help would be amazing. Can't give money? SPread the word, help me build an audience. I'll give you some of my writing for free if you're willing to make my terrible self promotion a little easier.

At the very least follow me on twitter @AndrewGeczy

Other things I have going on. My Spiderman Playthorugh, my Audiobook podcast, I'm really working to provide more and more content, get myself out there as much as possible. ANyway, have a great week!

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings:
  1. American Horror Story *****
    This show just keeps getting more and more fucked up, and that's what is freakign amazing about it. Every season, but the freakshow season, has been fucking amazing. It's not horror in the jump scare sense, for those who haven't watched. It's horror in the sense that ever scene is just a little twisted, just a little fucked up. And the plot always turns into a mindfuck. And there's lots of sex, perversion, over the top gore. It's just, it really is unique. If you've never watched, just cause it's on season 8 doesn't mean it's too unapproachable to be able to catch up.
  2. Shameless *****
    I love the relationship between Lip and Xan. It's so adorable, and sweet. I'll be honest, there's a part of me that would love to father a bad ass daughter like he is. Their relationship is sorta the dream for me. Maybe that's something wrong with me.
  3. Fear The Walking Dead ****
    Good episode. It was nice seeing Alisha again. She's such a bad ass, more strong and beautiful and bad ass in every episode. Amazing actor. Also the stuff in the hospital was great stuff. Ugh, that one evil woman though. Ugh.
  4. Wrecked ***
    Still funny, a lot of great lines, like Batniss Everdeen. But a focus on the least likable characters made this week's episode a bit of a snooze.
  5. The Last Ship ***
    Not a bad episode this week. Decent amounts of fun military action, mixed with not too much bullshit. It's this mixture that keeps the show worth coming back to. Barely.
  6. You ***
    There were parts of this episode that had me cringing, and parts I really enjoyed. I actually liked how it ended, but I almost feel like I could just stop watching now. Yup, he gets the girl, kills the douchebag ex, and gets away with it all. Everyone loves him. The end. Great 2 episode show. :p I wish it was that easy to get out of the friendzone, cause I've been there only too many times.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight
  2. Vice
  3. Stephen Colbert
  4. Daily Show
  5. James Corden

No comments:

Post a Comment