Sunday, February 3, 2019

Geekly Daily 61 (Sunday, February 3):

Now playing: Super Smash Bros

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I think I'm giving up on Hitman 2 Silent Assassin. I spent 40 minutes trying to beat one level and making zero progress. It was so frustrating, every step was a pain. The game pushed me just too hard. Too wonky. the mechanics, I guess my priest friend is just gonna have to die horribly waiting for me to save him.

I just don't have the time to play games like that. I did start a list though, games I don't finish, that beat me. And I suppose they'll always be there if I ever choose to go back. Including Age of Empires, Demon's Souls, and now Hitman 1 and 2 really (I beat the first one on PC with cheats). So I didn't save the priest, and that will be my canon going forward :p. Cause eventually I play the next game. But first, Battlefield 5, and then GTA4. I know someone has been really waiting on GTA4. I didn't wanna keep him waiting for more months and months while I struggle with this shitty PS2 game.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new):
  1. GenLOCK *****
    1x02:This new show from Rooster Teeth is really good. So turns out Michael B Jordan has a really good reason for leaving Dakotah Fanning thinking he's dead for 4 years. He's literally just parts floating in a tank and then he projects his mind into holograms and giant robots. Which, is totally stealing one of my future ideas for Adrift, but that's beside the point. Maisie Williams was finally introduced, and her scottish accent is awesome. This show is just great. I have no complaints.
    1x03: This show is so good! I can't get over how quality this show is. I just had a grin on my face like from beginning to end, but especially when Maisie Williams GenLocked with her mech for the first time. Also everything with Dakotah Fanning. I can't believe she moved on with someone else! When she, and her new boyfriend, had to run drills with the team, and then her Ex stepped up, I was really hoping he'd make short work of the other two, and then somehow she'd be better, or maybe just know him better, and would catch him or hold the line for just an extra moment or something. But there was nothing like that. Frankly I just want her to have her own crazy ninja mech thing. I think she's deserved it, having to think her ex was dead for 4 years. Even if she did move on.
  2. High Maintenance ****1/2Another great episode of the show. The storylines this week were a little harder to get behind than others. I hated the woman in part 2. She was horrible. But then it all kind of paid off when she went on that drug trip, wakes up the next morning, looks at the sunrise and is just like "CHEMTRAILS!" The kid in part 1 was adorable.
  3. The Goldbergs ****Fun episode of the show that focuses on more of the aspects I care about. Erika and Geoff take center stage with their relationship, and those two are easily my favourite characters. I'm happy the show didn't break them up. ALso the mother dind't have too many annoying moments. I find she's best used when she's not overused. She can grate on me sometimes. And Adam was doing what he does best, be a nerd being put in non-nerd situations. All around decent episode.
  4. Brooklyn Nine Nine ***
    It was a fine episode, I've just never really cared much for Gina at all. In fact I've always found her annoying. There were funny parts for sure, I think my favourite Gina moment goes to...the first one. The chess was alright. I got more and more bored as it went on. And trying to get Amy to burn her book was just mean. Poor Ames.
  5. The Big Bang Theory ***Like Brooklyn Nine Nine above, it was a fine episode with plenty of funny moments, but nothing too memorable. Stewart might had some of the best scenes with his adorable new girlfriend. Aww, they're going to repopulate the earth together. I am excited about the promo for Lenard abstaining from sex with Penny for some reason. Can't wait to find out why that is. That could be fun.
  6. Gotham ***This is a week of mediocre episodes. WHich sucks that I've had to watch them one after another after another.
  7. The Orville ***A strange slow episode all about Issac and the Doctor getting involved and having robot sex. And no, none of it was played for comedy, as per usual. With my current mood, it was hard for me to stay awake, but it was mildly charming at points, and Issac was a total dick when he slept with her and was like "Well, I'm done."
  8. Riverdale **1/2
    A slow rolling investigation into who killed Hiram Lodge. It was clear they were going for a noir detective tale with Jughead, and for the most part it worked, but at the same time it worked at boring me to tears. But I have watched way too many shows this weekend. Peak TV is too much right now!
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight *****
  2. Graham Norton ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment