Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Geekly Daily 74 (Tuesday, February 26):

Now playing: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁


▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers)(PPS: I live tweet shows on twitter, but I try to keep those spoiler-lite for the important spoilers @AndrewGeczy)
  1. ➤ I Am The Night *****Amazing episode of this show. I mean every show on this list was pretty amazing this week, but this one has to take the cake. It was so intense, so well acted, so well written. The twists were... admittedly you could see it coming, the one about her father, but it didn't make it any less fucked up and twisted and you feel bad for her. Her mother was so vapid, but the woman who plays Fauna is freaking amazing. The series is all based on a true story apparently, so maybe if I knew the full story I wouldn't have my mind blown every week, but this show is definitely keeping me on my toes.
  2. High Maintenance *****
    That was an amazing episode. The first story was alright, but that second story about the Vet who suffers from depression and decides to try microdosing on Mushrooms. That was literally something else. I was laughing the whole way through, the laughter getting more and more intense until that cat stuck in a Tuba scene and I was crying I was laughing so hard oh god that was funny. Easily the funniest single scene, probably the funniest bit. Best episode? It's hard to say. Best line? "He has diarrhea."
  3. ➤ Star Wars Resistance *****That was the best episode of Star Wars Resistance yet. The show is really delving into occupation with the first order, and what that means. It's dark and intense. And it was a lot of fun including the Captain's daughter in the resistance this time. That fight scene was actually really intense at the end, when all they had to do was take out a couple storm troopers and they failed hard at that. It felt believable in scary way where you were actually afraid something could happen to Torra or Kaz.
  4. GenLOCK ****1/2
    So I had no idea what was going on at first. With all the drama with Miranda, I thought I'd missed an episode. I did not at all catch that the thing had made some noice that sounded like Chase. I even went back to the last episode and rewatched that scene. It just sounds like static and creature noises to me. But apparently everyone else was like "It's CHASE!" Anyway, this episode was really good, once I got past that confusion. I guess a lot of people are dead. I just hope Miranda is still alive. Dakotah Fanning still deserves her own mech. 
  5. The Walking Dead ****1/2
    Great episode of The Walking Dead this week. Possibly the best episode of the season, it was so good. That scene in the corn. The walker that scalped itself in the theater. Alpha just being a scary muthafucker. Man. Poor Lydia. I don't blame Henry for not being able to live with it. I am so invested in this storyline right now.
  6. Shameless ****1/2
    It was an alright episode of Shameless. It really is super rough watching Fiona hit rock bottom, with Frank no less. It was also rough seeing Xan go. I hope she's okay. I thought maybe she would ghost Lip, but Lip claims he got a call from her off screen, and I think we're supposed to believe him. I liked her. She was adorable and sweet and deserved to be part of the family. I do Fiona was really rough though. She was being so mean and unlikable. I hope she's ready to change now.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:

  1. ➤ Vice News Tonight *****
  2. Last Week Tonight ****
  3. ➤ The Daily Show

No comments:

Post a Comment