Saturday, November 3, 2018

Geekly Daily 19 (Friday, November 2): What a Hell of a day.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (Switch)

Now Watching: https://youtu.be/HJwNoUKir4c

Now Listening:  Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading: 


Tweet of the Day:
The 49ers cheerleader took a knee during the national anthem ahead of a game against the Oakland Raiders (https://twitter.com/HuffPostCanada/status/1058345493951143936)

All day I've been busting my ass. The exterminator came for a round two, and I left my apartment to take a bus to another town to get my last pay cheque from my old job. I played Diablo on my switch the whole way there and back, and I gotta say, it plays great. Upon getting back home, I claned my apartment from top to bottom literally. It's never been this clean. And now I'm so tired, I've got nothing left. I'm barely keeping my head up, barely keeping my fingers on the keyboard. This is gonna be a short one today.

If anyone wants to add me to the switch, comment with your friend code below. I'm just trying to play through the campaign right now with my Demon Hunter. Enjoying the campaign the right way, so I'm not opening it up to randoms on the internet. I am ramping up the difficulty as much as I can, however, and could use some help for the hard bits, so any friends with switches out there should add me pronto! ANyway, I got laundry to fold, I'll post again tomorrow. Probably.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1.  The Flash *****
     This might be a broken record, but I just love the dynamic between Barry, Iris, and their daughter. I think it's so adorable and fun the way they've all slipped into their familial roles. They are such her parents, even though she's old enough to be almost the same age as them, they still parent her and she still treats them like her parents, and I find it adorable.
  2. Legends of Tomorrow ****1/2
     A good episode. Surprisingly not as funny as I was expecting. They made you think this seaosn would be all crazy and wacky, and then the villain of this episode is a fairy godmother which as a concept was very crazy and wacky. But then in reality they told a much more touching story about dealing with ignorance and prejudice, and the whole episode was rather serious a lot of the time, and not nearly as wacky as it was pretending to be. Is that a bad thing? No, I don't think so. It's nice to know this wacky show still has some serious things to say, and I look forward to the next episode.
  3.  Arrow ****1/2 
     An episode focusing on Oliver in prison trying to get information about Diaz. I don't know what he expects to find in level 2, seems like an easy way for Brick to get rid of him without having to do anything. Now Oliver is out of his hair forever.

  4. Doctor Who ****1/2
     
    Great episode this week, classic premise. Giant spiders running through the UK. Those giant spiders were detailed enough to creep the heck out of me, and I was screaming at the screen repeatedly. So the episode did a good job of engaging me. It was also fun meeting Yaz's family, but it's interesting when someone pointed a gun at her she didn't bother to mention she's a cop...
  5. Supergirl ****1/2
     
    I enjoyed this episode. Maybe it was cause I was watching it just before work, because it was quite obvious what they are doing. Melissa Benoist is needed for the crossover episodes, she's probably featured in a major way, so they came up with a plot that grounded her for an episode, and now she has a suit covering her face so her stuntwoman can do all the work next week. Which means she has ALOT to do in the crossover. It was nice seeing Sam Witiker. You might remember him from Smallville and The Force Awakens video games. It was cool they put a familiar face in that role so that we could empathize with him, and understand what led him to become the evil bigoted person he's become. Fantastic episode. Also, the guy from Walking Dead as the father was good casting. Turns out you can even kill Grggory and he still keeps coming back. I'm adding half a star. This episode deserves it. That said, obviously generally I'd prefer episodes where the show focuses on the main characters I love, but for what it was, this episode did good.
  6. The Good Place **** A good episode of the good place with some real progress on both Elenor and Tahani's character arcs. I'd say this might have been the best episode of the season so far. I enjoyed Tahani's scenes with her sister. Elenor's A story was a little more boring, but every time she didn't understand how kids work, it was pretty fun.  Also, as a side not, is Janet trying to spark things with Jason again? And Chidi falling for Tahani's sister was pretty great too.
  7. ➤The Big Bang Theory ****Not a bad episode of Big Bang Theory at all. Did everything it needed to, was fun, played around with the characters, gave Lenard something to do. It was fun seeing Penny find him attractive. It was also fun finding out that Howard knew Bernadette was in the toy house the whole time.
  8. American Horror Story **** Not a bad episode, but a little underwhelmed. Also, it was the shortest episode of the season. For the Halloween episode it was pretty disappointing, focusing on Michael's story for the entire episode. It had a lot of mentions of satan and satan worshipping, but not a whole lot actually happened. He lost Kathy Bates, he was lost, found a Satan cult by random, and they helped him make a new Kathy Bates. The end, I guess. 
  9. South Park ****Another underwhelming Halloween episode. Largely focused on Mr. Mackey and his war against scooters. I thought it was going to make something of Kenny being poor, and touch on how we're excluding the poor from our society, but they didn't really go anywhere with it. They didn't really go anywhere with anything. But it was fun enough, I suppose.
  10. Star Wars Resistance ****
     This is the first episode of Star Wars Resistance that I can actually admit I enjoyed. It was fun, I got behind the story. I enjoyed the characters. I was engaged with the story of finding out about what the First Order wanted, and what the New Republic was into. I actually engaged with this episode, which is more than I can say about every other episode of this show so far.
  11. Ducktales ****
     A fine episode of Ducktales, focusing on a plot that I couldn't care too much about. The under water mutant crill was kind of gross. The best part of the story, in the end, was one that happened off screen with Launchpad where he returns at the end of the episode saying "I was lured into the sea where I did... sea stuff." Hilarious
  12. The Goldbergs ***1/2Decent episode. Some funny jokes. I was more interested in the B story with the sister and her boyfriend, who didn't have lines in half the scenes he was in. I'm with Adam in that I have no great love for fiddler on the roof, but it also felt forced with his father. There were funny parts, but it wasn't the strongest A plot. Also, still don't like his girlfriend recast. I liked her better when she was more goth to be honest. WHen she's trying to be Rowan Blanchard... it's worse.
  13. The Gifted ***1/2
     
    This episode had a good A and B plot. I enjoyed seeing Marcos interact with the Morloks. I also enjoyed Andy's story with that girl. I don't even remember if anything else happened, my DVR has dragged on and on today.
  14.  The Walking Dead ***
     
    This episode kinda bored me this week, despite it's focus on Machonne. I've read elsewhere that people have been enjoying this season. Which is funny cause this is the first season that has been boring me. Until now I've been totally in on this show, but this season has been really meh. We'll see how it goes. The ending was intense. Rick is pretty fucked.
  15. Black Lightning ***
    I went into this episode bored, and I think that someone touched my enjoyment of this episode, but the happening of this episode were pretty decent. I liked the relationship between the sisters, I liked the focus on how Tobias has infected other people's lives. I liked Jefferson coming to realize the new headmaster was a male Professor Umbridge. This show isn't bad, I just had a lot going on this morning, and my DVR has dragged today. Maybe a faster pace and better action would have improved the rating.
  16. The Rookie ***  ANother alright episode that keeps me on the fence on whether I wanna keep watching this show. It hasn't lost me yet, which is more than I can say for Charmed.
  17. The Last Ship ***
    It was an alright episode, but very cable TV. Also I don't know why last week I thought it was the finale this week. There's still two more episodes, which is good because this episode reminded me more than any other how much like 24 all this is. It wasn't bad though, it was tense, people died, including a main character. Master chief didn't get shot for once. And of course Tom Chandler had to be a hero at the end. It was decent. 
  18. Charmed * 
     I didn't even make it through the episode. I got to about 5 minutes in, when the youngest one was waiting tables, and this guy was complaining because they didn't have chicken, and then this dude came by, with the worst dialogue and acting ever, but the way he was saying everything let me know, this dude was a dude. And I was just like "Out." I don't care. I only like the one sister, and if the writing isn't even going to try, I'm out. I have better uses of my time. Maybe I'm in a mood, but now I still have Arrow and Legends of TOmorrow to watch, lets see if they rub me the same way. :p

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1.  Last Week Tonight
  2.  Stephen Colbert
  3.  ➤Vice News Tonight 
  4.  Real Time With Bill Maher
  5. The Daily Show
  6.  James Corden

No comments:

Post a Comment