Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Geekly Daily 34 (Tuesday, November 27): Melancholy

Now playing: Diablo 3 (Switch)
Now Watching: Daredevil Season 3
Now Listening: Afterbuzz podcasts
Now Reading: Some old shitty comic


I've been feeling melancholy lately. Maybe it's my stress from my finances being so bad I've got a bank calling me like 4 times a day (I'm afraid to pick up) and money just isn't coming in fast enough. Maybes it's the weather, it seems it's dark all day everyday. It sucks, because finally my life has some sense of stability in a lot of ways, and I've had free time, but I've been so bleh about using it. There's like nothing I'm enthused to do. Except smoke. I've been trying hard to quit. This'll be my last pack. I'm going to quit spending money, strict my food to the bare minimum and I'm gonna turn my finances around. Work some five day work weeks. Get myself off nicotine. I have to. It's killing me. In so many ways.

I could have released this yesterday, but I only had the above paragraph, and figured it wasn't worth bugging people just to hear me complain. Which is 90% of these blogs, and everytime I feel shitty about it. Like people will read this and the only thing they'll glean from it is that I'm a very sad broken human being. So I ask the question, even though no one ever responds. What's more important to you. That I release this daily, or that it imparts something of some kind of value. I can imagine a scenario where most of you are here for the Geekly Weekly rankings, and just scroll right past my musings and complaints. In fact that might even be the suggested way to consume these blogs if you asked me. If that's true, and you'd rather get a daily update from me, even if it's largely nothing but I watched some stuff, let me know. It'll make me feel better. Like I'm not wasting everyone's time. Because I don't want to do that. Any suggestions you have for anything I do, anything that I CAN do to be of greater value in your life, let me know and I'm willing to at the very least listen and consider if not outright oblige.

I talked to a commenter on youtube, and I'm not the only one feeling melancholy. struggling. Everyone is, it seems. Be strong. Live long and prosper, and may the force be with you.

I'm off to my second night shift.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new ):
  1. Arrow *****Great episode of Arrow this week. Such a good episode, super intense from beginning to end. Could have been a finale. Some great fight scenes, a lot of Diaz posturing, and it was nice to see him die in the end, once and for all. They killed off a lot of people, in fact, this episode. This was an episode where things happened. People didn't just talk about things happening, like THe Gifted. Shit was getting done this episode. 5 stars, but I give it 5 stars with an asterisk. I just watched Daredevil season 3 episode 4. There is an insane scene in a prison, and this episode sort of felt like "Hey we can do this too!" And they totally did it too! They really did, which for CW is super impressive. 5 stars. But it wasn't as good. Sorry, it wasn't even close. Still, for the show it was a great episode. Just awesome.
  2. ➤Supergirl ****1/2
    That was a good episode this week. I love how the stories they are telling this season are very different than the stories we are used to. There's nothing status quo about any of this and it's wonderfully exciting. The only drag this week was Lena Luthor. The first scene was such an obvious foreshadow to how her subplot would end, the whole time I was just watching the expected pieces fall into place barreling us towards the poor man's death.
  3. Legends of Tomorrow ****It's weird because the plot I enjoyed most this episode had nothing to do with any of the main characters.Watching Ava and Nora and the cute new girl hang out in a locked down prison was a lot of fun. I enjoy Nora, and the new girl, and hope we'll see more of them. We don't even need the Legends anymore. Their story was alright, but I'm getting tired of Nate leaving every episode, just to still feature just as heavily in the next episoe. Do we have to hear him say goodbye every time for the last five minutes of every episode?
  4. ➤ Doctor Who ****Good episode of Doctor Who this week, a twisty story about witches that ended up being an alien invasion from an underground ancient prison. Again it did a good job of combining classic Doctor Who storytelling with modern day social commentary. I've heard complaints from people that the social commentary is ruining the show, but I don't have a problem with it at all. The episode was super strong, but most Doctor Who episodes aren't. I've been critical of every season of the show since day one. I still love it. A highlight this week was the gay paranoid king, who apparently had a fancy for da black dick. I was impressed how much the Doctor's companion just took it in stride. It was fun. That king had a lot of really fun moments, as shitty of a person as he was he was fun to follow for an episode. Even when they left it was a fun little "...where did they go?"
  5. ➤ The Walking Dead ****Good scary episode this week. These whisperers are the most fun thing this show has done in a while. I enjoyed the episode as a whole, though I had been spoiled that a death was coming. I was hoping it was one of those dumb kids, but somehow the dumb kids get away with everything, Henry gets stuck in prison, Oh and Jesus. Jesus christ Jesus. Also I was hoping Michonne would like have a sword fight with the guy or something, but naw he just died in the chaos. 
  6. ➤ Star Wars Resistance ***It was an alright episode this week. I didn't care too much about what was going on, but it wasn't a bad episode by any stretch. I'm a little confused though. So did Yieger say that his brother killed his wife and kids in the crash? Cause if so, I can understand why he wouldn't want to forgive him... but damn that seems dark.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤ The Daily Show

No comments:

Post a Comment