Monday, November 5, 2018

Geekly Daily 21 (Monday, November 5): I'm such a mess

Now playing: Star Wars Battlefront 2
Now Watching:My DVR
Now Listening: Kinda funny podcasts (There hasn't been much time to keep up on everything)
Now Reading:  My writing at 99geek.ca

Tweet of the Day: https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/1058894361486753792

I finished another podcast episode. It'll be on youtube and iTunes and Podomatic in the next couple days. I'm just really tired and wanna move on with my nightly chores so I can go to sleep. I'm so overworked, in fact I nodded off while recording the podcast. I apologize now, there's gonna be like 30 seconds to a minute, I think I haven't watched it back, where I just go quiet and close my eyes. Dead air. Then I come back and apologize. It wasn't even cause my writing is boriing, which I can see is an easy joke, but it was at the most exciting part. Someone was literally firing bullets at her and I nodded off. She was impaled by a crossbow bolt and about to experience her first lesbian kiss.

Anyway, I'll try to get it uploaded in the next couple days everywhere, I just gotta wake up at 4am tomorrow for work, and I already wanna pass out. One of the people at work really stresses me out, and I spent way too many hours today trying to scheme a way to weasel out of having to work 8 hours with her wednesday (and 4 hours tomorrow, but that seemed both manageable and unavoidable). Anyway, the conclusion is that I can't get out of Wednesday because I am super poor and desperately need the money. So I'm just gonna have to suck it up and be a man and get through a shitty shitty nightmare shift. I could go on and on about all the things I hate about her, but I'm not going to. There's no point, and I've accepted to face wednesday emotionless and resolute. I can do this, I just have to be strong. It's just so fucking hard, and not my forte.

I wish I could just write for a living. Every day and so badly I want nothing more than to not have to go to these places and deal with these people and wake up at shitty times, and feel miserable and tired all the time. I feel like I'm living a nightmare, and there's no way to wake up. I'm 30 and my life has seen no improvement in like a decade. It's just been a steady spiral. Emotionally, financially, socially. I'm such a mess.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. Supergirl ****1/2
    Another great episode of Supergirl. Another DC show is setting itself up for possibly the best season yet. It was nice pairing Martian Manhunter with new character Manchester Black. From the moment you meet him, he's a lot of fun. Eccentric and dramatic, I enjoyed the scenes with him. I'm worried the President is nefarious. Alex was alright this episode, and it was nice at the end of the episode we got confirmation that Melissa Benoist has finished filming the crossover.
  2. Doctor Who ****1/2 
    A good fun episode of Doctor Who. I'm getting a little tired of her accidentally leading everyone to their deaths time and time again, only to be saved by a Deus Ex Machina. Usually the Doctor is more self reliant and self capable than that. I think they're trying to say the theme of the season is needing to rely on people, but for the first female Doctor it doesn't help the narrative that a woman can do anything a man can do. I want to see it. In action. I want to be proud of my doctor. And I always am in the end, but if it weren't for dumb luck rescues from strangers in like 2 or 3 episodes now out of 5 she'd be dead as dead gets, all her companions with her. But everything from there has been enjoyable, and I can't fault an episode for the faults of the season.
  3. Titans ****1/2
    I really enjoyed this episode of the show. I really enjoyed the Doom Patrol. They were weird and fun. I was surprised how much this episode lingered on Robotman's pain. And the dynamic of that group was fun and weird. Though I wasn't sure, is their chief a bad guy. He seemed pretty evil. Also it seemed weird how she was okay with him strapping her down, but then 5 seconds later changed her mind and wanted. Why let yourself be strapped down in the first place! What were you expecting? Anyway, I enjoyed everything between Dick and Koriandr. And Koriandr in general. And Dick and Raven. And all things Raven, except getting strapped down. It was definitely the best episode so far of this show. And I like it leans full into the weird. Because that Robotman costume is ridiculous.
  4. The Walking Dead ****
     I enjoyed this episode, certainly more than some. I wasn't fooled when they said he would be leaving the show. I mean, I believed that, I just didn't believe they were going to kill him. It smelled from the beginning as a red herring, and I was right, they did a switcheroo. He's leaving the show to film movies in universe continuing his journey, and the show is going to continue on with a new status quo. I feel like doing movies might have been a better choice when they had a larger audience, but who knows. Maybe this will be the trick they need to bring people back. I liked the scene between Negan and Maggie. I liked some of the Rick scenes, though it was laughable how he'd pass out like feet from the walkers, and wake up with still plenty of time to get away. I thought the girl cast as Judith in the fast forward was a little too young for me to believe she's some bad ass. Maybe older then six next time... I think they're hoping she'd grow into it... but I dunno if that's gonna work.
  5.  DuckTales ****
     
    A great episode of Ducktales this week, focusing on the annoying Glomgold, and making him less annoying and more nuanced. I loved his journey as an amnesiac fisherman, and that dream sequence of his was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a kids cartoon. It was great, and maybe a little traumatizing. Scrooge had only a small role, and was perfectly used, perhaps his role should be sidelined more often. This show has such a great cast of surrounding characters, always a sign of a great cartoon. Remember Nickolodeons TMNT, the one started in 2012. If you haven'y seen it yet, in my opinion it's the best version of TMNT yet, because it's fun for kids and adults, and is written brilliantly. Like this show. These modern cartoons are very good at talking to adults as much as kids, and they are worth watching.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤Last Week Tonight
  2. Real Time with Bill Maher
  3. Vice News Tonight
  4. Stephen Colbert

No comments:

Post a Comment