Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Geekly Daily 30 (Monday November 19): November Writing Binge Day 1

Now playing: Nothing
Now Watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm70SUnOIgI
Now Listening:Ashes by Celine Dion
Now Reading: Dakotah Slade


Not much to say today. Spent all day planning out the next chapter for this month. I'm in the middle of a writing binge, so that's where all my focus is. I have a few extra days off this week because my job has been, well rough, so I'm using that time to get the chapter done, which I'm behind on. I wont be by Thursday. I'm also thinking I might just release the whole chapter this time, and for the forseeable future. I don't think my one subscriber will mind.He's not exactly being very active anyway, and I just want my work to have more of an audience. Of course it wont be well formated in nice PDF format like subscribers get, nor will they have access to the archive of chapters like my subscribers will be. But at least when I put all this work into a chapter each month, people will be able to appreciate it, maybe.

ANyway, after a bunch of planning, and stuff, I watched some Arrow, did a couple chores so I don't get behidn like I often do during Binges, and I'm going to sleep. Sure I didn't get to Legends, Last Week, or Walking Dead, but that's not so bad I'll be fine. Good night everyone, tomorrow, I'm gonna write a whole chapter. I mean probably not, I'll likely need Wednesday too, but if I finish on tuesday, I can chill Wednesday, so fingers crossed. May I be blessed by the writing gods with much creativity.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. Supergirl *****
    I'm sticking with my verdict that this is the best season of this show yet. I mean she fought a mutha-fucking dragon! On main street. For minutes! How did they have the CG budget for that? That was awesome! And Brainiac 5 was so good as well. He had so many awesome moments. I loved his perfect instant cover for secretly investigating the pamphlets, but then that fight scene was something else. Finally, I'm really enjoying Manchester. He's got a lot of charisma, but he's also very broken and brutal, and the show is really not holding back on him torturing people with sharp tools and electricity, or shooting down fleeing thugs in cold blood. I don't know what they are going to do with him yet, because clearly we're not supposed to think what he's doing is good, but damn is the actor fantastic.
  2. Doctor Who *****
    Awesome episode of Doctor Who. Legitimately good, well written, intense. classic who feel. fun setting and plot, enjoyable characters played by good actors. Did I mention well written? I made an excuse for this show at the beginning of the season, that it always has charm but it's not always well written. Well we've had some serious actually well scripted hours of television this season, and this is another one. I didn't see the twist coming for who the villain is. I didn't mind the bubble wrap reveal though. I made a joke about never popping bubble wrap again, like how Blink is supposed to make you look at angel statues differently, or you never go in the ocean after watching Jaws. But then the final moment of the episode made me think that was what they were going for as well, which would be the laziest attempt at that ever, considering the reveal wasn't until the final 8 minutes, and it wasn't really used as horror at all. There was really just the one time with Kira where it mattered at all. But okay, as I said, laziest attempt at that sort of "meme" thing I've ever seen, but I don't think that distracts from an otherwise fantastic episode. And the true villain was another great metaphor to our current political climate, a working man feeling like he's being replaced, and the Doctor arguing that the system isn't always broken, sometimes it's the people abusing the system, taking advantage of it. The old man's line "I think the only part of the system that's broken here is you." So good.
  3. Arrow *****Great week of television, especially if you're a geek like I am. I loved the Laurel-centric storyline, as she learned what it means to be a hero,standing up for whats right even if it's not for a reward. Even when you're hated for it. You do what's right anyway. It was nice having Anitole around again. I don't understand any of DIaz's choices, but better he let Anitole live than be a smart villain and kill the poor Russian. I thought Felicity was compelling, if a little morally ambiguous, and the end was a needed relief. maybe Oliver will finally get free. But that twist. I hated that weasel. I was hoping he'd die, but being evil works too.
  4. Star Wars Resistance ****
    That was a fun, intense episode of Resistance. I really enjoyed it, and the action, and the character dynamics. I liked getting more time with the engineer, and I liked the way she sort of idolized Sinara. Everytime I hear the name Sinara, though, I think of Agents of SHIELD. And are we not allowed to shoot people in this show. Cause there were multiple times the leader dude could have just saved the main character with a well placed shot, there were so many chances he could have shot the pirates blatantly trying to kill them, and instead they were shooting the guns out of their hand, or dropping the gun to fight them hand to hand. Is there a rule in this cartoon that engineers like them need to have some moral stance about killing murderous pirates? Unbelievable.
  5. Saturday Night Live ***
    A very average episode of the show. Not as bad as some episodes this season, but very far from the kind of episodes that make me laugh and laugh until I cried. There were things to chuckle to, but it was still largely uncomfortable barely comedy. Not the best season of this show so far, not by a long shot.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight 
  2. This Hour has 22 Minutes 
  3. The Daily Show

No comments:

Post a Comment