Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Geekly Daily 10 (Tuesday, October 23): Death to all Roaches!

Now playing: Pokemon Yellow

Now Watching: My DVR
Now Listening: Afterbuzz TV aftershows

Now Reading:  Adrift Homeless Chapter 6


Alright. So finally I've reached the end of my DVR. I'm no longer going to be putting new shows in blue...because it seems on top of adding just random line spaces, and removing them completely at random, this site also likes to override my color suggestion and just make all the text one color. SO back to black. Maybe tomorrow I'll try something new, like a symbol before new shows on the rankings. But I lost which ones are new because the website reformatted my whole blog entry. Sorry.

But I'm so glad to finish the DVR. I've got busy days ahead, as the exterminator is coming thursday morning now, he was pushed back. My work starts tomorrow. I have to get ready for work by 7:30am. All I wanna do is play Spiderman, and edit my chapter and release it, and release another audiobook. It should be easier now I'm caught up on my DVR. Should be. I'm such a OCD freak. I just hate being behind on things.

Oh god, now the rankings wont not be blue. I keep turning them all black, and the site turn s them blue again. The site is so buggy and glitchy. Can't believe it's so old and they still don't have the kinks out.

And though I've reached the end of my DVR, I'm tired, it's 10 at night, I start my shift earyl tomorrow, and there's still about 4 half hour shows left. plus whatever is on tonight. I just can't watch any more. I'm going to bed. See you all in the morning. I'm sorry again for not making more content. Between my novel, my DVR, and fighting these roaches, I've pretty much getting pushed to my limits. Good night.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings (Blue for Nue):
  1. Legends of Tomorrow *****
    Great episode. The unicorn was hilarious, Constantine was great, the legends all had their moments of awesome. It was fun being at Woodstock, it was
    cool seeing Sara and the other woman having a relationship that's working despite Constantine's warnings. I hope that continues. I think they can do it, and I think this could be a great episode. Man that unicorn was hilarious.
  2. Shameless *****
    Another great episode of Shameless. Poor Fiona, she's really spiraling. But damn is it fun to watch. I didn't realize that last episode was Ian's last, or else I might have teared up more at the sad good bye, and Mickey coming in. What a way to end his storyline. I also loved what they did to Ford, that was hilarious. I dunno if that girl is right for Lip, but I liked her making fun of him. And yet he didn't hold any grudges. I think I need to learn from him. How to be truly shameless. I loved his little skip walking away. And Carl is going steady with his new girlfriend. Great episode.Lol Kevin pretending to be a murderer that killed himself and Vee. 
  3. Z-Nation ****1/2 
    This rating might be higher than it deserves, but I was really not in the mood at this point. After zoning out on Walking dead I was sure that Z-Nation wouldn't fair much better, being watched late in my never ending attempt to clear my DVR. But this episode was intense. And they killed a beloved character at the end, taking the show in an unexpected direction, as it likes to do. I enjoyed it, and I def perked up when shit hit the fan there at the end. It's a shame. Seems TK and Red can never be happy together.
  4. Arrow ****
    Great episode of Arrow this week. Not perfect, but great nonetheless. I enjoyed watching Oliver figure out how to get rid of the shitty guard without killing him. I enjoyed watching Diggle throw his men into harms way to die so he could get away. God I hope he starts hiring vigilantes as Argus soldiers, because obviously men with guns don't do the trick. Finally I really enjoyed the two Canaries working together. And I enjoyed the long bow hunters, especially that one that blocks noise. It was a fun episode, and kept me engaged. What more can I ask? Also, when there were three on the train, but the Canaries were fighting one, I knew the third on the train was Diaz. Great set up. Also Felicity's storyline was great. Though I'd rather see her working with the Canary's than FBI lady.

  5. Doctor Who ****
     That was a really good episode of Doctor Who. Not perfect, there was still some wonkiness, but I loved Rosa Parks, and I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was watching that episode. I didn't like the song they played during the big moment, and then they made it worse when they played the song again over the credits. But I liked when the doctor revealed Rose Parks would struggle until she got recognition by Clinton in 1999. Just thinking about how hard her life was brought a tear to my eye. She deserved better. She was awesome, and it was a good episode.
     
  6. Supergirl ****
     It was a good episode of Supergirl this week. I like how it seems to be this season Supergirl has to fight Anger, Fear, and Bigotry. And conservatives. it's been really interesting. It's a little heavy handed, but I prefer it to the kind of morality lessons we were getting in season 1. I think this might end up being Supergirl's best season yet, and that's not the first DC show I've said that for so far this season.
  7. The Last Ship ****
    This was another intense episode of The Last Ship. If you're watching this for all the right reasons, they've made this final season suitably action packed, which seems to be all they are trying to accomplish. They haven't bothered with emotional side stories, or setting up character arcs. The last to episodes have pushed the action, and now their command center is under attack! Is the next episode the series finale?
  8. Charmed (Ep2) ***1/2
    This wasn't a bad episode. I enjoyed it. I liked that they called their assistant 
    Meghan Markle. Hilarious. I enjoyed trying to figure out who to trust, though I trusted the british guy the whole time, I didn't trust their mom coming back. I thought that was never gonna happen, and he's just too damned charismatic. But It was smart of them to do that story in episode 2 before I fell in love with him. Good episode. Still not great. But fine.
  9. Family Guy ***1/2 It was a funny episode of Family Guy. Robbins was funny. Stewie's new friend was cool. Though I don't remember evil Stewie being involved in forever, and suddenly he wants to kill his mother again. It's a random episode, playing off of mostly throw away gags for it's humour. Also, Lois being a drunk was hilarious.
  10. Black Lightning ***1/2
     This episode of Black Lightning wasn't bad, even though it bored the crap out of me. Part of the problem, I think, is that I've been watching so much TV today (Doesn't seem like much here? I finally finished all the daily talk shows, which was half of it). Despite being bored, there were parts of this episode I really enjoyed. I like thunder a lot, though I didn't even recognize her when she got done up and started dating that singer. I was like "Who is this black woman in make up?" she looks so different done up.and those scenes were so disconnected from everything else in the episode, so there was never anything to tell me "Hey this girl is this girl" Then the other sister has had some good scenes. And the new kid at the dinner table, that scene wasn't as bad as it could have been if people continue to not cue in. And I like when the younger daughter took the kid to the roof. Like "Yeah, I know you got weird powers that effect me, but I dig you're an outcast and I wanna help. Good stuff.
  11. The Walking Dead ***
    I can't say much about this episode. I stopped paying attention. I started swiping on Tinder, next thing I know, I'm swiping on 4 different datign apps till they are out of options, not that It'll matter because no one every matches with me. I should have focused on the episode. It seemed good. Something about garbage lady and a helicopter taking people away? Crazy. And then in a different plot there was that one girl and the saviours, and the other girl killed her and maggie walked away or something. And now they're going to side with Neagen? Fuck. This is what happens when I let my DVR get this far behind. Ugh, no time to go back, just keep barreling forward. 
  12. Charmed(Ep1) ***
     It was nice to see the girl from Tomorrow People and Into the Badlands doing something cool. And she gets to be the bad ass for once. When before she was the love interest without fighting skills or powers, now she gets to kick all the ass. So that's cool. The other two girls are alright too. I could frankly not care less about everything else in the show. Especially the effect of that bad guy, as he was dying at the end, was absurd.
  13. The Gifted **
     Man, that was a lame episode of this show. It's such a bore, and that whole storyline with the hacker was so forced. The writing is so lame, and it sucks, cause I don't mind the cast, and they really seem to be trying, but they always have nothing to work with. Snore.
  14. Star Wars Resistance **
     Just watched episode 2. I have to admit, I was gonna give it 1 star, and then the air battle happened with the pirate attack, and that was alright. But the show is pretty awful. Oh and then they introduced Phasma at the end, like that was supposed to hide how awful the show was. It didn't. Still the space combat was good. The best thing I can say about the game is that it made me want to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault.
     
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight
  2. James Corden 
  3. The Daily Show
  4. Graham Norton Show
  5. Stephen Colbert

No comments:

Post a Comment