Sunday, October 28, 2018

Geekly Daily 14 (Sunday, October 28): Finally watched 3x01 of Daredevil

Now playing: Star Wars Battlefront 2
Now Watching: My DVR

Now Listening: Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading: Action Comics 21



I forgot the very last thing I watched making it onto the blog yesterday. Ah well. It was Znation. It was good. Not great but okay. That last weeks ratings was a mess cause I'd gotten so far behind. Here's hoping that doesn't happen again. It's about time I got on top of my life. Life is for the living and I wanna live it!

These daily blogs get more views than my video game content, which I gotta say feels pretty great. My blogs routinely get 15-20 views each, and it's so steady, and yet no one ever says anything. It makes me feel like it's people accidentally clicking the link and immediately regretting it. But if that were true, then one would assume my video game content, auto posted here, would see the same steady numbers. The fact they get lower, means there must be people deliberately coming back to see what I have to say about Pop Culture, people more interested in my TV rankings than in seeing me blow up tie fighters in an Xwing. And that really reassuring. Nothing is more disturbing to me than that I have more twitch players than Patreon readers. (Cue Leonard "Bones" McCoy voice) I'm a writer! Not a game streamer.

That said I'll take support anywhere I can find it. But it's nice to know people are interested in what I have to say, even though what I have to say is usually "Life sucks! I'm super busy!" but I'll try to find other things to talk about.

I've been playing a lot of Starfighter Assault in Battlefront 2, which has been celebrating a double XP weekend. A double XP weekend that pretty much means everyone playing starfighter assault against me has max star cards. This is worse than the pay to win! And some of these try-hards really are overpowered and unkillable. It's crazy the level of skill and ability I've seen in the game today.

I still need to play more spiderman, and read more of my novel for the podcast, but my internet kept disconnecting yesterday, and I haven't given it a chance yet today. Just taken it easy. Maybe tomorrow for the podcast. After my work, I work early in the morning. Maybe tuesday. If not monday then tuesday. And then a chapter after that maybe friday? We'll see.

I decided to take it easy tonight. Finally watched the first episode of Daredevil. It was fun. Makes me sad that they cancelled Iron Fist and Luke Cage. They had a thing going on there, and they just destroyed it. People keep saying their hoping for daughter of the dragon, or heroes for hire. But I'm not so sure, there's rumbling this all has to do with low social media engagement. This is really messy. And this is like the first dark period for Marvel since they started with Iron Man forever ago.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. Star Wars Resistance ****
     This is the first episode of Star Wars Resistance that I can actually admit I enjoyed. It was fun, I got behind the story. I enjoyed the characters. I was engaged with the story of finding out about what the FIrst Order wanted, and what the New Republic was into. I actually engaged with this episode, which is more than I can say about every other episode of this show so far.
  2. Ducktales ****
     A fine episode of Ducktales, focusing on a plot that I couldn't care too much about. The under water mutant crill was kind of gross. The best part of the story, in the end, was one that happened off screen with Launchpad where he returns at the end of the episode saying "I was lured into the sea where I did... sea stuff." Hilarious.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1.  Real Time With Bill Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment