Friday, October 26, 2018

Geekly Daily 12 (Thursday October 25): I keep passing out at the wrong times!

Now playing:

Now Watching: DVR
Now Listening: Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading: 


Man! Working nights is hell.  Going from nights to days is hell. Life is hell. I passed out again. I was going to watch everything on the DVR, finally actually finish it. EVen the times I said it was done, there were still like a james corden and a star wars resistance. But last night, I had planned to finally clear the DVR for good, so that today I could actually have my first real normal day in weeks. But alas, I fucked up and passed out at 9pn! 9pm! Fully clothed and everything. I closed my eyes for just a second, next thing I know it's 5am. God damn it. I keep failing so hard at life :S

Also my book is coming along. The new chapter I mean. I've been editing scenes here and there, instead of in one full chunk. I was hoping to have it done by tuesday...then wednesday... but I keep getting pushed back. Life is just some complicated and crazy right now, and my apartment has been taken apart and is a disaster. I suck so hard at life. Ugh! So frustrating. I just wanna do normal life things like play video games and record my podcast, but I can't even catch up. Ugh.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings (Blue for Nue):
  1. Legends of Tomorrow *****
    Great episode. The unicorn was hilarious, Constantine was great, the legends all had their moments of awesome. It was fun being at Woodstock, it was cool seeing Sara and the other woman having a relationship that's working despite Constantine's warnings. I hope that continues. I think they can do it, and I think this could be a great episode. Man that unicorn was hilarious.
  2. The Flash *****
     If you've been paying attention to the blog, you probably have already realized I'm a superhero freak. So does this deserve to be ahead of SHameless? Maybe not. But I love it. THe new Wells was hilarious and awesome. Nora is adorable and I really love having her around on the team. I love her relationship with her parents, and I love that they still feel parental with her though they haven't had her yet. I was worried about Cisco, the stakes were high. I liked that they tried to solve their serious issue in a goofy way with Wells. Great episode. Thrills, chills, humour and heart. What more do you need?
  3. Shameless *****
    Another great episode of Shameless. Poor Fiona, she's really spiraling. But damn is it fun to watch. I didn't realize that last episode was Ian's last, or else I might have teared up more at the sad good bye, and Mickey coming in. What a way to end his storyline. I also loved what they did to Ford, that was hilarious. I dunno if that girl is right for Lip, but I liked her making fun of him. And yet he didn't hold any grudges. I think I need to learn from him. How to be truly shameless. I loved his little skip walking away. And Carl is going steady with his new girlfriend. Great episode.Lol Kevin pretending to be a murderer that killed himself and Vee. 
  4. ➤American Horror Story *****
    A great episode this week of American Horror Story. I love that most of this season is a sequel to Coven, and every time they play the "la la lala lala" I get a little giddy. There were some great scenes in this, it was nice seeing the Coven turn everything around. It makes you wonder why Michael was so confident in the future when they are doing so good at things in the past. Whats going to go horribly wrong? It's nice spending time with all the witches again. And it was even nice to see the down syndrome girl with the voodoo king guy. Great episode. John Henry is back, he's cool. Loved it all around. 
  5. The Goldbergs ****1/2
     
    Great episode. I laughed so hard this week. Every plotline was fun, it was great seeing principal Flutie from Buffy as Jeff's Dad. I like how Beverly's friends try so hard to be normal, but being close to Beverly just makes them weird by proxy. They can't help it. When they were all scheming in a huddle, and the gym teacher catches them, one of them just backs away like "I'm normal!" So good. But the best was the Rollercoaster. I don't know why they kept passing out like that, I've never heard of someone passing out on a rollercoaster like that before, but god was it random and hilarious. Them waking up seperately being like "Where am I?" "WHat was I angry about? Oh my god." and out. So ridiculous, I lost it for way too long.
  6. Z-Nation ****1/2 
    This rating might be higher than it deserves, but I was really not in the mood at this point. After zoning out on Walking dead I was sure that Z-Nation wouldn't fair much better, being watched late in my never ending attempt to clear my DVR. But this episode was intense. And they killed a beloved character at the end, taking the show in an unexpected direction, as it likes to do. I enjoyed it, and I def perked up when shit hit the fan there at the end. It's a shame. Seems TK and Red can never be happy together. 
  7. Arrow ****
     
    Great episode of Arrow this week. Not perfect, but great nonetheless. I enjoyed watching Oliver figure out how to get rid of the shitty guard without killing him. I enjoyed watching Diggle throw his men into harms way to die so he could get away. God I hope he starts hiring vigilantes as Argus soldiers, because obviously men with guns don't do the trick. Finally I really enjoyed the two Canaries working together. And I enjoyed the long bow hunters, especially that one that blocks noise. It was a fun episode, and kept me engaged. What more can I ask? Also, when there were three on the train, but the Canaries were fighting one, I knew the third on the train was Diaz. Great set up. Also Felicity's storyline was great. Though I'd rather see her working with the Canary's than FBI lady.
  8. ➤Ducktales ****  That was a great episode of Ducktales. A lot of fun, it really pushed to try and differentiate more between the brothers, and I really appreciated it. There were a bunch of really funny moments that had me laughing, and frankly it's just great to have Ducktales back on the air again. I just hope we get more Lena. A couple points I thought the show would involve her, but nothing. Is she done? Lets hope not. Also, it's too bad Don Cheadle doesn't still voice Donald Duck.
  9. Doctor Who ****
    That was a really good episode of Doctor Who. Not perfect, there was still some wonkiness, but I loved Rosa Parks, and I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was watching that episode. I didn't like the song they played during the big moment, and then they made it worse when they played the song again over the credits. But I liked when the doctor revealed Rose Parks would struggle until she got recognition by Clinton in 1999. Just thinking about how hard her life was brought a tear to my eye. She deserved better. She was awesome, and it was a good episode. 
  10. The Good Place ****
     Great episode this week. Best episode this season in fact. FInally the characters are caught up, and the way they all reacted to the story of everythign they'd gone through was very unique to each of them. Chidi was the best though. He just broke. The Grocery Store was hilarious, but nothing was funnier than him making chili in front of his class, and they were just looking at him like WTF.
  11. Supergirl ****
     It was a good episode of Supergirl this week. I like how it seems to be this season Supergirl has to fight Anger, Fear, and Bigotry. And conservatives. it's been really interesting. It's a little heavy handed, but I prefer it to the kind of morality lessons we were getting in season 1. I think this might end up being Supergirl's best season yet, and that's not the first DC show I've said that for so far this season.
  12. The Last Ship ****
    This was another intense episode of The Last Ship. If you're watching this for all the right reasons, they've made this final season suitably action packed, which seems to be all they are trying to accomplish. They haven't bothered with emotional side stories, or setting up character arcs. The last to episodes have pushed the action, and now their command center is under attack! Is the next episode the series finale?
  13. Family Guy ep 4 ***1/2
     Great episode, again, best episode of the season so far. That said, the microverse cared the crap out of me, as I have a phobia for that kinda stuff. Like really bad. SO that was rough, but I laughed a lot and had a great time. We need more eps like this...but not literally about shrinking yourself. Again, Phobia.
  14. Charmed ***1/2
    This wasn't a bad episode. I enjoyed it. I liked that they called their assistant 
    Meghan Markle. Hilarious. I enjoyed trying to figure out who to trust, though I trusted the british guy the whole time, I didn't trust their mom coming back. I thought that was never gonna happen, and he's just too damned charismatic. But It was smart of them to do that story in episode 2 before I fell in love with him. Good episode. Still not great. But fine.
  15. Black Lightning Ep 3 ***1/2
     
    It kept me engaged, so there's at least that going for it. I still like the kids a lot more than Black Lightning, but thankfully this episode's focus was really on the daughters, with only minor C and D plots for "Mommy" and "Daddy". I'm still at least as upset about that one bad girl's death as Tobias. Also the scene where they apprehended him was very out of nowhere. 
  16. Family Guy ep 3 ***1/2 
     
    It was a funny episode of Family Guy. Robbins was funny. Stewie's new friend was cool. Though I don't remember evil Stewie being involved in forever, and suddenly he wants to kill his mother again. It's a random episode, playing off of mostly throw away gags for it's humour. Also, Lois being a drunk was hilarious.
  17. Black Lightning Ep 2 ***1/2
     This episode of Black Lightning wasn't bad, even though it bored the crap out of me. Part of the problem, I think, is that I've been watching so much TV today (Doesn't seem like much here? I finally finished all the daily talk shows, which was half of it). Despite being bored, there were parts of this episode I really enjoyed. I like thunder a lot, though I didn't even recognize her when she got done up and started dating that singer. I was like "Who is this black woman in make up?" she looks so different done up.and those scenes were so disconnected from everything else in the episode, so there was never anything to tell me "Hey this girl is this girl" Then the other sister has had some good scenes. And the new kid at the dinner table, that scene wasn't as bad as it could have been if people continue to not cue in. And I like when the younger daughter took the kid to the roof. Like "Yeah, I know you got weird powers that effect me, but I dig you're an outcast and I wanna help. Good stuff.
  18. The Walking Dead ***
    I can't say much about this episode. I stopped paying attention. I started swiping on Tinder, next thing I know, I'm swiping on 4 different dating apps till they are out of options, not that It'll matter because no one every matches with me. I should have focused on the episode. It seemed good. Something about garbage lady and a helicopter taking people away? Crazy. And then in a different plot there was that one girl and the saviours, and the other girl killed her and maggie walked away or something. And now they're going to side with Neagen? Fuck. This is what happens when I let my DVR get this far behind. Ugh, no time to go back, just keep barreling forward. 
  19. Charmed(Ep1) **It was nice to see the girl from Tomorrow People and Into the Badlands doing something cool. And she gets to be the bad ass for once. When before she was the love interest without fighting skills or powers, now she gets to kick all the ass. So that's cool. The other two girls are alright too. I could frankly not care less about everything else in the show. Especially the effect of that bad guy, as he was dying at the end, was absurd.
  20. The Gifted **
    Man, that was a lame episode of this show. It's such a bore, and that whole storyline with the hacker was so forced. The writing is so lame, and it sucks, cause I don't mind the cast, and they really seem to be trying, but they always have nothing to work with. Snore.
  21. Star Wars Resistance **
     Just watched episode 2. I have to admit, I was gonna give it 1 star, and then the air battle happened with the pirate attack, and that was alright. But the show is pretty awful. Oh and then they introduced Phasma at the end, like that was supposed to hide how awful the show was. It didn't. Still the space combat was good. The best thing I can say about the game is that it made me want to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault.
     
  22. Star Wars Resistance *This show has been terrible so far. I'm not connecting to anything, I don't even know really much of what happened in this episode. He made friends I guess, but they were... selfish? but still good friends or something? I dunno, it was a terrible episode of a terrible show.
     

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤Vice News Tonight
  2. ➤James Corden
  3. The Daily Show
  4.  Stephen Colbert
  5. Graham Norton Show

No comments:

Post a Comment