Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Geekly Daily 15 (Monday, October 29): Good night!

Now playing: Pokemon Yellow
Now Watching: My DVR

Now Listening: Kinda Funny Podcasts

Now Reading: Training for my job


My job training is going well. This night shift work at a gas station looks like it'll be chill, and low stress which is all I'm looking for. I've been playing a bunch of video games, I apologize for everyone who wants me to release an audiobook podcast, I will do so tomorrow. I promise.

I feel like I should be talking about something useful in this section, but I can never think of anything useful to talk about, usually because I'm always trying to fill this section just before I pass out, and I'm just tired as hell. Tomorrow, I'm gonna try to quit smoking again. It'll be my last time waking up at 4am, after that I'm on afternoons for a week then nights finally again. SO I just gotta get through this morning, and I'll be good. Good night everyone!

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( ➤ for new ):
  1. ➤ Doctor Who ****1/2
     
    Great episode this week, classic premise. Giant spiders running through the UK. Those giant spiders were detailed enough to creep the heck out of me, and I was screaming at the screen repeatedly. So the episode did a good job of engaging me. It was also fun meeting Yaz's family, but it's interesting when someone pointed a gun at her she didn't bother to mention she's a cop...
  2. ➤ Supergirl ****1/2
     
    I enjoyed this episode. Maybe it was cause I was watching it just before work, because it was quite obvious what they are doing. Melissa Benoist is needed for the crossover episodes, she's probably featured in a major way, so they came up with a plot that grounded her for an episode, and now she has a suit covering her face so her stuntwoman can do all the work next week. Which means she has ALOT to do in the crossover. It was nice seeing Sam Witiker. You might remember him from Smallville and The Force Awakens video games. It was cool they put a familiar face in that role so that we could empathize with him, and understand what led him to become the evil bigoted person he's become. Fantastic episode. Also, the guy from Walking Dead as the father was good casting. Turns out you can even kill Grggory and he still keeps coming back. I'm adding half a star. This episode deserves it. That said, obviously generally I'd prefer episodes where the show focuses on the main characters I love, but for what it was, this episode did good.
  3. Star Wars Resistance ****
     This is the first episode of Star Wars Resistance that I can actually admit I enjoyed. It was fun, I got behind the story. I enjoyed the characters. I was engaged with the story of finding out about what the FIrst Order wanted, and what the New Republic was into. I actually engaged with this episode, which is more than I can say about every other episode of this show so far.
  4. Ducktales ****
     A fine episode of Ducktales, focusing on a plot that I couldn't care too much about. The under water mutant crill was kind of gross. The best part of the story, in the end, was one that happened off screen with Launchpad where he returns at the end of the episode saying "I was lured into the sea where I did... sea stuff." Hilarious
  5.  ➤ The Walking Dead ***
     
    This episode kinda bored me this week, despite it's focus on Machonne. I've read elsewhere that people have been enjoying this season. Which is funny cause this is the first season that has been boring me. Until now I've been totally in on this show, but this season has been really meh. We'll see how it goes. The ending was intense. Rick is pretty fucked.
  6. ➤ The Last Ship *** It was an alright episode, but very cable TV. Also I don't know why last week I thought it was the finale this week. There's still two more episodes, which is good because this episode reminded me more than any other how much like 24 all this is. It wasn't bad though, it was tense, people died, including a main character. Master chief didn't get shot for once. And of course Tom Chandler had to be a hero at the end. It was decent.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1.  Real Time With Bill Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment