Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Geekly Daily 9 (Monday, October 22): Today, when the War against cockroaches began

Now playing: Pokemon Yellow

Now Watching: Catching up on my DVR
Now Listening: Kinda Funny as per usual

Now Reading:  Old comics


Damn! I had intended to watch more, then clean the place, then pass out, but I passed out at all the wrong times, and woke up at 3 in the morning. Guess I'll clean the place now, but ugh. I get so tired of passing out at random times and not knowing when I'm going to wake up.

I watched a hell of a lot of my DVR today. At least 12 hours worth. Man, I hate when my DVR gets behind. Next month I hope to tryto write the chapter not in one binge, so I don't have to let my whole life fall apart, and then pick up the pieces when I'm done.

The exterminator is supposed to be coming today, but there was no warning on my door yesterday giving me a 24 hour notice, so I dunno if maybe he got delayed or something. I've been slowly working through washing all my disihes from the cupboard (In case they got bug stank all over them) then I'm gonna pile them in my living room and cover them, and that's like half the battle right there. Before I can do that, I gotta clean the surfaces I'm gonna put them on, then clean the surfaces in the kitchen I cleared. Then exterminator whenever, then I'll probably have to clean things down again post Exterminator, then move everything back (COver them with a garbage back during exterminator, hopefully that'll be enough) and clean the floors.I've got a roomba and a Braava, but the floors are past that. They need the first real sweep and mop in months.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings (Blue for Nue):
  1. Doctor Who ****
     That was a really good episode of Doctor Who. Not perfect, there was still some wonkiness, but I loved Rosa Parks, and I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was watching that episode. I didn't like the song they played during the big moment, and then they made it worse when they played the song again over the credits. But I liked when the doctor revealed Rose Parks would struggle until she got recognition by Clinton in 1999. Just thinking about how hard her life was brought a tear to my eye. She deserved better. She was awesome, and it was a good episode.
     
  2. Supergirl ****
     It was a good episode of Supergirl this week. I like how it seems to be this season Supergirl has to fight Anger, Fear, and Bigotry. And conservatives. it's been really interesting. It's a little heavy handed, but I prefer it to the kind of morality lessons we were getting in season 1. I think this might end up being Supergirl's best season yet, and that's not the first DC show I've said that for so far this season.
  3. Black Lightning ***1/2
     This episode of Black Lightning wasn't bad, even though it bored the crap out of me. Part of the problem, I think, is that I've been watching so much TV today (Doesn't seem like much here? I finally finished all the daily talk shows, which was half of it). Despite being bored, there were parts of this episode I really enjoyed. I like thunder a lot, though I didn't even recognize her when she got done up and started dating that singer. I was like "Who is this black woman in make up?" she looks so different done up.and those scenes were so disconnected from everything else in the episode, so there was never anything to tell me "Hey this girl is this girl" THen the other sister has had some good scenes. And the new kid at the dinner table, that scene wasn't as bad as it could have been if people continue to not cue in. And I like when the younger daughter took the kid to the roof. Like "Yeah, I know you got weird powers that effect me, but I dig you're an outcast and I wanna help. Good stuff.
  4. Charmed ***
     It was nice to see the girl from Tomorrow People and Into the Badlands doing something cool. And she gets to be the bad ass for once. When before she was the love interest without fighting skills or powers, now she gets to kick all the ass. So that's cool. The other two girls are alright too. I could frankly not care less about everything else in the show. Especially the effect of that bad guy, as he was dying at the end, was absurd.
  5. The Gifted **
     Man, that was a lame episode of this show. It's such a bore, and that whole storyline with the hacker was so forced. The writing is so lame, and it sucks, cause I don't mind the cast, and they really seem to be trying, but they always have nothing to work with. Snore.
  6. Star Wars Resistance **
     Just watched episode 2. I have to admit, I was gonna give it 1 star, and then the air battle happened with the pirate attack, and that was allright. But the show is pretty awful. Oh and then they introduced Phasma at the end, like that was supposed to hide how awful the show was. It didn't. Still the space combat was good. The best thing I can say about the game is that it made me want to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault. 
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight
  2. James Corden 
  3. The Daily Show
  4. Graham Norton Show
  5. Stephen Colbert

No comments:

Post a Comment