Thursday, October 18, 2018

Geekly Daily 6 (Thursday, October 18): I'm back... my dvr is how full???

Now playing:

Now Watching:  South Park
Now Listening: Pokemon themed pop music (Don't ask) (https://youtu.be/xLSgm06J6sM)
Now Reading: 

I'm back! After a three day writing binge, I finally did it, I successful wrote 40 pages over three days, finishing with exactly ten minutes before I had to run to work. I barely slept, barely ate, didn't shower. I had to jump in the shower, grab my shit and run, ordering a pizza at work.

So I'm done. My chapter is done for the month, I just have to edit it and release it. It's really good. I'm reasonably convinced it might be the best chapter I've ever written. I literally made myself cry writing  a scene. No one died, per se, it was just a touching scene between a mother and daughter. I almost made it through, and en near the end of the scene Allen the emotion of the scene just hit me and I fucking balled, ugly cried. Snot down my face. I was a wreck for like half an hour.

I'm going to include that scene at the end of the month as one of the two free scenes I'll post here, when I release the whole chapter on Patrao. If you want to check it out, remember you can always go to patreon.com/99geek and subscribe to get access to all my writing and new chapters as I write them for only a dollar a month. That sounds literally cheaper than a donut at Tim Hortons.

I'm very Canadian. A lot of my books take place in Canada. I don't know if that's a selling point. And this months chapter doesn't take place in Canada. It takes place on an alien world in a Nebula in a distant galaxy (well the next galaxy over, which is arguably quite distant) thousands of years in the future.

So what now? Well my DVR has like 30 things on it, and I have an exterminator coming next week so I gotta tear my apartment apart and spring clean... in fall. I'm a little late this year. As I catch up on shows, I'll keep doing the rankings, things ,y just get ranked on weird days. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long to get through my dvr, I'd love to be able to play video games again. It's been so long. Damn busy life of a poor minimum wage hard working adult trying to make ends meet and make it as a writer while no one in the world is remotely interested in giving them money for their writing. Life is really hard.

But on the bright side this is my last week at this job, and next week I start a new night job where hopefully I'll be more respected. And paid more for much less work. Not much more pay, but much less physical work. And no more working with food. Oh thank the gods, I cannot wait. Anyway, I'm literally typing his on my iPad on the bus to work, and it's a pain, so I'm gonna end here. Man I wish days were longer. Like 30 hour days. I'd still only get like 4 hours of sleep a night :S err I guess I mean a day.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings:
  1. South Park ***** 
  2. I thought the last couple episodes were speaking my language, and then this episode was about weed!!! About Randy becoming a weed farmer! And there was a B plot involving nicotine addiction. I feel like Matt and Trey are living my life. And then Towelie showed up! And he was amazing! I hope he becomes a regular. I could totally see him being a helping hand on the farm, under Randy's employ as he continues growing his weed. Have I mentioned I love South Park so much. To quote Towelie from this episode, "This is some good shit."
  3. The Flash ****1/2 
  4. I'm loving this show so much this season. It's been a lot of fun, I love XS, and she brings a lot of heart. The only thing I'm not too keen on right now is the season villain. That stupid lightning bolt dagger is wonky and silly, and I don't really know what they're trying to do but it's not working. Dammit, I just talked myself down from a 5 star. It didn't get in the way of my enjoyment of the episode. If you don't watch the CW shows... you're not a real superhero fan. All the ways DC has fumbled their movie universe, Berlanti has been doing on TV this whole time what Marvel's been doing with their movies. And Berlanti does it with 22 episodes a year, and barely a million an episode. He's a fucking god, and these shows are amazing. Worth watching, and worth watching all together as a bunch in broadcast order. Like you would the Marvel movies, obv. There's a big crossover every year, and this one could be the best yet.
  5. American Horror Story ****1/2 
  6. Amazing episode. Like many other 4 and a half stars on here, it was really just brought down by one weakness. In the case of AHS, it was all the strange closure they tried to give us for characters. I understand Tate and miss cuteness.  But that was forced. But what really just had me scratching my head was the side story about the maid. And then they spent considerable amount of time with her mother, and then they walked away together. It was so bizzare. And not scary, not creepy, not weird. Well yeah, it was weird, but not in an unsettling way. Just in a, "why did they think this needed to be told?" kinda way.
  7. Supergirl ****1/2
    A great premiere for Supergirl. I wasn't too into her sister's storyline, but I love Braniac, and thought he was a great addition to the show. It was fun watching SUpergirl be on her game, but it was weird having Manhunter involved but not interested in fighting. The racism angle was a strong one, playing off of real world issues. WHat if the villains really are just normal people like you and me, but some of us are just cold and racist and classist and evil to the core. Some of us are conservative. How does Supergirl fight conservativism? I almost wanna add an extra star. Okay, a half star.
  8. Doctor Who ****
    Another great introduction of the new Doctor, in another mediocre Doctor Who episode. It was ncie to finally see her Tardis again. I love her, the new Tardis though seemed to dark and ominous for my liking. The crystals are too big and in the way. Matt Smith had the best Tardis IMO. And this one might be the worst. But at least it'll give you a cookie while you're flying, that's pretty cool.
  9. The Good Place ***
    I think I might be the first to call it. This is the worst season so far. That doesn't mean it's bad, but it's definitely not what I'm watching this show for. It still makes me laugh, and the writing is still good, so I dunno what I'm expecting. It does feel like they are just making it up as they go along, but maybe that's part of the fun.
  10. Saturday Night Live * That was pretty bad. I barely laughed at most the sketches. I'll admit, the best sketches were the digital ones, and the weekend update was pretty cool too. But damn those live sketches were largely painful to watch and just not funny. Also I was short on too,e,and worried I couldn't skip the musical guest cause it's the legend Paul Simon. But hearing one minute of what he brought, made my choice to skip him much easier. 
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:

No comments:

Post a Comment