Sunday, March 3, 2019

Geekly Daily 78 (Sunday, March 3rd):

Now playing: Final Fantasy IV

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁


▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers)(PPS: I live tweet shows on twitter, but I try to keep those spoiler-lite for the important spoilers @AndrewGeczy)
  1. Doom Patrol *****
    Amazing episode of Doom Patrol this week. This show is only on its third episode, and it's so funny and so weird, and so off the deep end. It's amazing. This show and Deadly Class are without a doubt the two weirdest best shows on TV. There's just too much in this episode that I liked for me to even point things out. So many perfect lines, the comedic timing is just so on point. And the fight scene with Robotman! Oh my god he literally tears a person in half, and then beats another person with the first person's lower torso. That is hard as fuck. This show gets all the glory. This show is god. If you're not watching, there's something wrong with you. Like you don't like fun, or something. I guess the one weakness, IMO, is still Cyborg. Vic had some good moments, but he still looks like he's wearing plastic on his face. Also I guess his father is bipolar? Goes from being like "No you can't have the jet, and how dare you even presume that you could." and then nothing happens between them and his father calls back a day later "I sent you the jet! Silly you, why didn't you think of asking for a jet? You know your dad is always here to bail you out." What! But! Huh???
  2. The Orville *****
    Wow. That space battle was insane. That must be the largest space battle we have ever seen on TV. That was Revenge of the Sith level shit. I can't even imagine how expensive it was, but damn it was good. It doesn't really matter about the flaws in this episode or the show in general. When you pull of a space battle that big and that flawlessly, you deserve yourself five stars. Good work, special effects team. If you only watch one episode of this show, do yourself a favor and watch this one. You don't even need the others.
  3. ➤GenLOCK ****1/2 This show is so good, also I totally heart Maisie William's character and she kicked ass this episode. And by kick ass, I mean she got to flex her techie muscles and gave them all upgrades. And made he suit shorter like she wanted... as well as unique. What did she say? It's her? And then made a weird thing with her fingers. Whatever, as long as she's being true to herself I love it.
  4. Brooklyn Nine Nine ****1/2
    Fun episode this week. There was a strong focus on Amy, who is definitely one of my favourite characters so I really enjoyed it. She really gets a chance to grow as a character, and explore her past and her motivations. I really liked it. The complicated topic of female harassment was dealt with intelligence and subtlety. I enjoyed it. The B story with Holt and his old nemesis wasn't nearly as strong, but it all paid off at the end with the stick up and the guy can't even hear anything he's saying cause he's so old.
  5. ➤ Shameless ****It was another good episode of Shameless this week. Nothing great, but even when the show is just average, that better than most other shows. I'm a little surprised at how fast Fiona is bouncing back, but it's nice to see. I also got a kick out of Liam's game, being gone for two days and no one noticing. Finally it's too bad Carl's ex isn't into Debbie. That kiss was hot.
  6. ➤ Star wars Resistance ****Great episode of Star Wars Resistance this week. I loved the plan to sink the city. Shit has really hit the fan and they're fugitives on a platform that has always felt small. It was nice seeing their allies come to their aide, and I hope the pirates will come too. I know the one girl likes her, but I still totally ship Kaz with Torra. I really don't know why I spend so much time shipping animated characters and teens like on Deadly Class... Maybe there's something wrong with me. But I don't have time to worry about that now. This might have been the best episode yet, or one of them. Good stuff.
  7. ➤ Saturday Night Live ****Great episode of SNL this week, possibly best episode of the season. John Mulaney is an amazing guest, and you can tell when he hosts that he gives his time to the writing as well. Many of the sketches just screamed John Mulaney, and the few that didn't were largely forgettable. That toilet sketch was amazing. So many sketches, like that one, were completely absurd. This was the best week for just random absurdity. That Chad sketch was amazing. All that said, some of the sketches didn't land for me at all. Also I couldn't care less about the musical guest though. A little too much religion, and a little too much country is a hard no from me.
  8. Gotham ***1/2
    It was an alright episode of Gotham. They really shocked me with the ventrilliquist. I legitimately did not see that coming. Too bad they killed him in the same episode they created him. Same with Jane Doe, they introduced tons of iconic villains this episode only to make sure to ruin their origin forever. Thanks a lot Gotham. This episode would have scored much higher were it not for that. Penguin and Riddler was fun though. So at least there was that.
  9. The Goldbergs ***
    It was a fine episode of the Goldbergs this week. The plotline with the mom was tired and played out and there wasn't much to the Gleb storyline either. It wasn't particularly funny, nor did it seem to go anywhere. There were parts that made me laugh, some great laugh out loud moments, but the episode as a whole was middling. The individual moments of gold can't make up for the mediocre whole.
  10. Riverdale **1/2
    This episode was a total bore. The most interesting part was Jelly Bean's one line about coffee, and Josie's rendition of "We don't need another hero!" You're right, Riverdale, I would rather be watching a Mad Max movie right now. Veronica's storyline with her father continued to go nowhere and spin its wheels as usual. Nothing changes between them. Archie is a moron and hothead again for no reason and almost gets himself killed. Jughead meh. Couldn't care less about the Serpents. Oh and Betty's mom still continues to make no sense how insane they are all being. Ugh. This show.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:

  1. Vice News Tonight ****
  2. The Daily Show ***

No comments:

Post a Comment