Monday, March 25, 2019

Geekly Daily 93 (Monday, March 25th): Internet Issues

Now playing: Final Fantasy IV

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁


Wonderful, well it seems that issue I had weeks ago where I kept trying to record my podcast, only for the recording to be destroyed because of constant disconnects. Yeah, my internet is still experiencing disconnects. I tried to play the new Firestorm mode in Battlefield V, and I couldn't even go a minute without my entire network crapping out. I think something probably happened to the line. In the past, a repairman would regularly knock loose my connection while trying to secure someone else's. It used to be a constant back and forth, but things had been fine for a while. I guess I was overdue for the next extinction event. I emailed my ISP, I can't be bothered to spend hours on the phone right now. I only have a couple hours left. Guess I'll work towards finishing Final Fantasy IV. Then GTA IV. The Final Fantasy IV The After Years then GTA IV's expansions... not like tonight in the next two hours. I just mean, I think that's how I'm gonna tackle games for the next bit. But we'll see how quicly my internet gets fixed.

If there are people waiting for the audiobook podcast, I plan to just record offline, it's just I haven't been able to find time to do that. I've already tired recording this chapter three times. The fourth will work, I know it, but life has been hell since then.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers)(PPS: I live tweet shows on twitter, but I try to keep those spoiler-lite for the important spoilers @AndrewGeczy)
  1. ➤ Into The Badlands *****Maybe it's just something in the water but we've got three five star shows on a single Sunday night. It's great to have this show back, but I'm already in morning. It's been announce this is the show's last season, and that's a real bummer. This show is beyond good. The fight choreography is on another level for a TV show. Don't expect Game of Thrones or otherwise realism, we're talking Jackie Chan movies. We're talking Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Martial Arts and crazy stunts. All the good stuff. The plot is a bit hard to follow, but the character are charismatic, and this show deserved better. It deserved 6 seasons and a movie. Ten seasons and two spin offs. Yeah, that would about do it. Tilda can get one of those spin offs. Still my favourite character, she didn't get much to do this ep besides walk on water. It was brief and subtle, but I noticed it. Bad ass.
  2. ➤The Walking Dead *****That episode sure had me feeling a lot of emotions. For the first half it was such a feel good show. Everything was going so well, and people were so happy together. Then the foreboding started. The whole episode I kept joking (to no one because I am tragicly alone in my life) that I should just stop watch cause nothing bad could possibly happen. Joking because I knew something was going to happen. That shit was about to hit the fan. I thought I had it all figured out. I was sure Eziekel was dead. I gotta say, shit did not unfold the way I expected. Not at all. And the people who died, were not at all who I was expecting. Henry!?! I never would have thought it would be Henry. Tara? I loved Tara, then thought she'd been acting like a bitch lately, and then she softened and became awesome again this episode... and then they killed her. And Enid? I really liked Enid! So much more than Sayid. Why! She was training to be a doctor too! She should have loved! I liked her a lot actually! Didn't like the guy she was with, but I could live with it. Ugh. Not fair. But wow. Henry. Jesus Christ.Oh and the girl with the glasses too! I guess that wont matter now that Henry's dead. "Oh no the girl who liked henry... oh okay never mind." Lydia though. It's gonna be interesting to explore her dynamic with the group now that she lost the one she loved, the boy she turned her back on everyone for.
  3. ➤ Supergirl *****I thoroughly enjoyed that episode of Supergirl. Lex Luthor was the focus of the entire episode, again! And this time it took us through the entire season to show us how he was really behind everything the whole time! Jon Cryer just hammed it up and was perfect. And finding out he was behind the Racists AND the russian Supergirl is just a delight. This season is without a doubt Supergirl's best. Also shout out to Otis, for not killing that kid. Just when I thought you were irredeemable. Hey. The bar is low.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:

No comments:

Post a Comment