Saturday, March 30, 2019

Geekly Daily 96 (Saturday, March 30th): Beat Final Fantasy IV

Now playing: Final Fantasy IV

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I did it. I beat Final Fantasy IV. Technically again, but the 3D remake for the first time. It was good. I made the final boss my bitch. Beat him on the first try, I was ready fro everything. I didn't even have to grind at any point, I just also didn't run from battles until the final stretch of dungeon. My crew were all around level 70.

So the next game I'll be tackling is GTA IV. I already started it, came to America, met a girl who can see past my shabby foreign murderous mannerisms and love the man I am on the inside. And I believe that was all that had happened. Met my cousin. He's annoying. Can't wait to get drunk with him again. I just gotta get my Twitch issue under control. It keeps like blowing up my entire network every time I start streaming.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings 
 ( for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers)(PPS: I live tweet shows on twitter, but I try to keep those spoiler-lite for the important spoilers @AndrewGeczy)
(What does that mean? Important Spoilers? It means that things that seem like spoilers probably aren't important to your enjoyment of the episode. I'll either vaguely call out a moment, but maybe omit who perpetuated the moment, or who it was done to, or avoid the surrounding context, ensuring that you will still enjoy the story when you watch it.) (Meanwhile here I fully breakdown the happenings of an episode, and often even lean into the spoilers. I imagine you could still read for a show you don't watch, have your interest piqued, start the show from the beginning, and then once you get to the episode in question you'll have forgotten everything I'd spoiled)
  1. Into The Badlands *****
    Maybe it's just something in the water but we've got three five star shows on a single Sunday night. It's great to have this show back, but I'm already in morning. It's been announce this is the show's last season, and that's a real bummer. This show is beyond good. The fight choreography is on another level for a TV show. Don't expect Game of Thrones or otherwise realism, we're talking Jackie Chan movies. We're talking Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Martial Arts and crazy stunts. All the good stuff. The plot is a bit hard to follow, but the character are charismatic, and this show deserved better. It deserved 6 seasons and a movie. Ten seasons and two spin offs. Yeah, that would about do it. Tilda can get one of those spin offs. Still my favourite character, she didn't get much to do this ep besides walk on water. It was brief and subtle, but I noticed it. Bad ass.
    3x10: They released another episode on the app (Actually I guess it just aired over two nights), and it was fantastic as well. Almost flawless, were it not for the nonsense delusion that Black Widow has that takes up like half the episode. It just didn't make any real sense, didn't really go anywhere, went on forever, and was only redeemed by a really technically impressive fight scene with herself at the end. Like really technically impressive. The fighting was good, but even like the camera work, and that one shot where she nicks herself, and the blood splatter crosses from one black widow to splat against the face of the other. Insane. Anyway, I love Nyx now. Nyx is awesome, when she impaled that dude, and wants to help Sonny now. Yes, I am here for it. I didn't think she was that hot... til now. Now I'm all for it. Man, her and Tilde... that would be the shit. I don't want this show to end.
  2.  ➤ Doom Patrol *****Another amazing episode of the Doom Patrol. Has there been an episode yet that didn't get five stars? And this one was very self contained, taking place almost entirely within the mansion. In fact the one time we left the mansion grounds, it turned out to be a delusion. But this episode was amazing. It focused on the characters and their tragedies and trying to deal with their shit. There was no outside conflict except for their own inner demons. And then at the end of the episode the robotman was defeated by a mouse, and we got the hilarious backstory of it as a little baby mouse, and its mom want's to show it not to be afraid of roads. "It's okay. You just have to pick your moment." she scampers out and is immediately hit by a bus. And in that moment that mouse swears mousy revenge. Oh my god it is the funniest thing I've ever seen. This show made me cry both from laughter, and sadness. Again. Every episode. This show is amazing.
  3. Star Trek Discovery *****
    I swore that he wasn't my Spock. I swore I would never accept him. I was wrong. He's grown on me. He's really actually grown on me. When he was like "I like science." so matter of factly, I was just like "Yeah you do." with a wide grin on my face. His Spockisms the past couple episodes have just been on point.Or is that En Pointe. Or is that En Masse? Anyway, this was the best episode of Discovery this whole season, in my opinion. I've been kinda down on this show, having really been a fan of Season 1 all the way through till the lackluster finale. I'm apparently literally the opposite of every single Star Trek fan on this planet, apparently. But this episode was great. And it really set a picture for me of what a section 31 show with Georgieu as Captain and Ashe as first officer might look like, and I like it. She was at her season best this episode, and strangely I enjoyed their part of the story more than anyone else. Strange because I've never really been a fan of Ashe. But he was good here. That AI is real threatening. And Burnham's moments with her mother were interesting, if slow and trying maybe too hard to buck our expectations. But the information and video logs from the future we gained was all great compelling stuff, and her journey made her reaction to her daughter forgivable. 5 stars
  4. The Walking Dead *****
    That episode sure had me feeling a lot of emotions. For the first half it was such a feel good show. Everything was going so well, and people were so happy together. Then the foreboding started. The whole episode I kept joking (to no one because I am tragicly alone in my life) that I should just stop watch cause nothing bad could possibly happen. Joking because I knew something was going to happen. That shit was about to hit the fan. I thought I had it all figured out. I was sure Eziekel was dead. I gotta say, shit did not unfold the way I expected. Not at all. And the people who died, were not at all who I was expecting. Henry!?! I never would have thought it would be Henry. Tara? I loved Tara, then thought she'd been acting like a bitch lately, and then she softened and became awesome again this episode... and then they killed her. And Enid? I really liked Enid! So much more than Sayid. Why! She was training to be a doctor too! She should have loved! I liked her a lot actually! Didn't like the guy she was with, but I could live with it. Ugh. Not fair. But wow. Henry. Jesus Christ.Oh and the girl with the glasses too! I guess that wont matter now that Henry's dead. "Oh no the girl who liked henry... oh okay never mind." Lydia though. It's gonna be interesting to explore her dynamic with the group now that she lost the one she loved, the boy she turned her back on everyone for.
  5. Arrow *****
    Great episode of Arrow this week. Why is it all the shows that are doing better than ever are getting cancelled? That's not true, but this and Into the Badlands deserve better. This episode was amazing. One of the best episodes of the show. There was some crazy awesome action, including Oliver actually needing to use his bow for bow things to save the day, which was a nice change of pace. Also all the twists and turns involving Emiko were just bombshell after bombshell after bombshell. Adrian Paul trained Emiko... but he also works for her! She's the leader of the Ninth Circle, and she was behind the Queen's Gamble. She's rotten to the core, and I can't wait to see her and Oliver match skills.
  6. Supergirl *****
    I thoroughly enjoyed that episode of Supergirl. Lex Luthor was the focus of the entire episode, again! And this time it took us through the entire season to show us how he was really behind everything the whole time! Jon Cryer just hammed it up and was perfect. And finding out he was behind the Racists AND the Russian Supergirl is just a delight. This season is without a doubt Supergirl's best. Also shout out to Otis, for not killing that kid. Just when I thought you were irredeemable. Hey. The bar is low.
  7. Fleabag *****
    Amazing Fleabag. God this show is good. It was so intense. Funny, but sad. Sexy but ugly. This show is constant contradictions, and it's real, and genuine, and unique. It's Pheobe Waller Bridge. Exposed. And she beautiful, and her mind is beautiful, and this show is beautiful. And I teared up when she was in the confession booth. That was a really good monologue.
  8. Family Guy ****1/2
    Awesome episode of Family Guy this week. Actually ridiculously bad episode, but that was the point as they did a sort of parody commentary track for the episode that went quickly off the rails with the random inclusion of Sarah Paulson, and then the characters meet their voice actors, and... it was just an all around zany episode and I laughed my ass off. Really fun 4th wall breaking stuff. Some of the lines were just too good. "Brian you've had more sex with hot women than any dog can reasonably expect."
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight **** (March 21st-27th)
  2. Stephen Colbert **** (March 25th-27th)
  3. The Daily Show ****  (March 25th-28th)
  4. James Corden **** (March 25th-27th)

No comments:

Post a Comment