Sunday, March 17, 2019

Geekly Daily 88 (Sunday March 17th):

Now playing: Final Fantasy IV
                       Pokemon Season 7

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁



▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new)(PS: There will be Spoilers)(PPS: I live tweet shows on twitter, but I try to keep those spoiler-lite for the important spoilers @AndrewGeczy)
  1. ➤ Star Wars Resistance ***** Best episode of the show yet. This is kinda what everyone wanted the whole show to be, and it only took the entire season to get there. But it's perhaps being used to the smaller stakes, that having this smaller stakes sort of cast suddenly dealing with higher stake situations was really effecting. Seeing Torra in the cockpit not treating it all like a game was really moving. Seeing all the different elements of the season come together literally brought a tear to my eye, but I've had a rough week so maybe my emotions are all over the place. It was also nice Tam finally made a choice, even if it was the wrong one. That back and forth was driving me crazy. Great finale. Can't wait for season 2. Please tell me Neeku didn't send them too far off course. Oh... what if they find Ezra Bridger!
  2. ➤ Brooklyn Nine Nine ****A Broyles focused episode made this one a bit of a snooze for me, but it was saved by the fun B plot involving Holt and Amy's obsession with bugs and bug experts. And in so doing they creep out Terry who shaves his eyebrows and the bleaches his beard and ends the episode looking like a complete clown. Every aspect of that B story fired on all cylinders, it's too bad I couldn't care less about Broyles.
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤ Vice News Tonight ****
  2. ➤ Stephen Colbert ***

No comments:

Post a Comment