Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Geekly Daily 36 (Wednesday, December 5): Someone Reviewed my book!

Now playing:Spiderman
Now Watching: Pokemon

Now Listening: Podcasts
Now Reading: My novel
 

That's the second time I tried to watch Ducktales, and again I just can't bring myself to do it. I can't bring myself to be ready for Christmas. It's too soon. My life is in too much shambles.That christmas episode of Ducktales is just going to have to wait.

-------------------------

Finally watched Duck tales :p it wasn't so bad.

-------------------------

Someone just finished a review of one of my books, and it is quite the review. I'm gonna post it below for everyone to read cause it's so awesome.

Review #1: Review by Deepak Menon

Reviewed By:
Deepak Menon
Review Rating:
5 Stars 

Reviewed By Deepak Menon for Readers’ Favorite
Andrew Geczy, the author of Adrift Homeless Season One "Rebirth", has let loose all the fantasy arrows from his incredible quiver of imagination in one go! Setting the story of a tyrannical revolutionary, Suma Davi, in a dying planet named Rommeria, Geczy exhibits superb skill in crafting numerous stories and equally astounding scenarios into the canvas of this book. That this story will be a soup of different flavors is clear from the very first glance at the superbly crafted index showing the original and imaginative chapter headings, inviting a look inside, but revealing nothing. The reader enters to be transported almost immediately into extreme and thrilling action scenarios across an outstanding range of scenarios. The nation of Hymalious City has set in motion a secret Project Rebirth that will one day save the people of Rommeria from certain extinction as the dying planet heads towards its sorry destiny. Blazkor, a terrorist nation lead by Suma Davi, is engaged in terrorist activity aimed at destroying Project Rebirth and the people of Rommeria’s only chance of salvation.

An incorrigible, cigar-smoking General Ed Gilber leads Project Rebirth. Doctor David Stanfield, Emma Penman, and science whiz Kathrine Pross, as well as the repugnant Davi’s own daughter, Tameka, are among many other original and memorable protagonists who are deployed as critical members in the battle against the forces of Blazkor, both on the planet as well as in space around Rommeria’s solitary moon. The tales in this book are all riveting and extremely fast paced. After the title story reaches its explosive ending, other acts and seasons are adroitly placed by the author consecutively. The settings change and many impossibly fascinating characters arrive in succession in a plethora of amazing roles and story lines that impact a reader’s mind like explosions. The cover is mysterious and attractive in its own way. This is not a run of the mill tale, but enters the genre of fantasy science fiction on a runaway 5 star train of explosive thrills.


Some of that might be hyperbole... But at least I can tell she read it. And damn does she have some fun with words there.

-----------------------------

By the way, I failed operation don't smoke. But don't worry, here goes attempt number 2. Sorry it took so long for me to release a Daily, I meant to do it yesterday, I really did. But then I got tired and didn't finish the DVR until that night.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈 ➤The Flash *****Well Supergirl held this top spot for a day. Then Arrow held this top spot for a day. ANd no one got to see it happen, cause I forgot to publish two days in a row. Sorry. That was a really fun episode, sort of liek a flashbag episode, but told in a way that really works, and works well. These folks really know what they're doing. It was wonderful seeing so many old faces again. In hindsight, it is a great 100th episode, but while watching it, it doesn't seem too in your face. It doesn't wack you over the head, or feel forced. Anyway, I'm so pumped for that crossover starting Sunday. SO pumped.
  2. Arrow*****
    Supergirl had the pleasure of being in the first spot, but I didn't publish a daily for a couple days, so no one ever got to see it. Ah well, sorry Supergirl. Arrow did good this week. It was refreshing having him out of prison and fighting crime again. It also felt really good when he was in front of everyone, sans mask, and just openly Oliver Queen kicking ass.
  3. Supergirl ****1/2
    Great episode this week. But it was that scene at the end that made me giddy. I'm so pumped for this crossover, you have no idea. Also, I'm glad the trans girl has more of a purpose now. So she's not just trans, and suffering from narcolepsy, and apparently psychic. She's also an alien! Perhaps she's all things to all people. An every person that men, women, human and alien can all relate to. She's a little bit of all of us. ANyway, it was fun everything with Brainy, and wandering the town. Manchester Black was a joy too, and I hope he keeps showing up. Not bring on next weeks crossover!!!
  4. ➤ Legends of Tomorrow ****An episode with definite fun bits, but the focus on Constantine was a little over the top for me.Also over the top, the Asian caretaker's sudden relationship with gross hairy caveman.I don't really blame her though, when Gary is absolutely repulsive.
  5. ➤ Ducktales ****
    The christmas theme was an instant turn off for me, but the episode grew on me, especially with the second story. I didn't care much for Scrooge journeying through time, but when Dewy followed along and found young Donald and went in search for his mom, I got more into it. And it was cool, having the Windigo be the spirit of christmas past, after Scrooge had left him behind all those years ago. Hopefully soon we'll finally reunite them with their mom, who apparently seems to be trapped on the moon?
  6. Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    This was a fun little episode. I like the relationship between Kazuta and Tauro, or however you spell their names. THe main guy and the governor's daughter. There's a cute flirty thing going on between them, and quite a few times I expected them to just start making out, but apparently this is a very different kind of show than the one I'm building in my head.
  7. Doctor Who ***
    This was a somewhat boring episode of doctor who, with a lame plot of the week that aimed high, and came across as a little ridiculous to me. It did a decent job of playing in the rules that it set, such as the "entitity" not being malicious, but just lonely. Still, the episode didn't do much to stand out in my mind.
  8. Saturday Night Live**1/2My favourite sketch of the night was probably the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory one. There wasn't anything special about it, in fact it was a very simple concept. But the execution was so chaotic it created accidental gold. And that was the best this episode had to offer, a couple minutes of accidental gold. Other than that, I was largely bored.
  9. 🐍➤Family Guy **I feel like every once in a while, Family Guy likes to troll their audience. Like that episode where Brian and Stewie were trapped in the bank vault. The writer's had to know how bad that episode was, and just leaned into it. I hate that episode so much. The writer's also have to know how much everyone hates that creepy old man. He's just the worst, and yet they give him a musical number like every season, and focus a storyline on him trying to touch little boys. It's disgusting and horrible, and I don't know why they keep going back to him. But this episode really leaned into it, doubled down. Like "we know you hate this guy, so we'll shove him down your throats." it was obnoxious and disgusting. I skipped the musical number. THere were some funny jokes, some great use of extending the joke, like that woman's name who went on for minutes.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤James Corden
  2. Stephen Colbert
  3. ➤The Daily Show

No comments:

Post a Comment