Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Geekly Daily 38 (Monday, December 10): I've been slacking, sorry

Now playing: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Now Watching: Daredevil Season 3
Now Listening: Podcasts

Now Reading:Nada really. News articles, but thats it.

I love writing, especially because of these moments. What moment you mean? No I haven't started the chapter for this month, silly. I was just brainstorming scenes in my mind for next months chapter, and came up with an awesome idea. As I'm sure you're all aware, there's a crossover coming next month in Urban Fantasy, crossing over with the spin off Dakotah Slade. I knew the motivation for why my characters are going to mississauga, but I also knew their motivations would lead them to naught, and they'd get caught up in a different kind of adventure with the characters of the other book, and I wasn't sure what that adventure would be. Well I've figured it out, and on top of it being a good device to propell the plot, it will also tie back to the big bad of the "season" something I've been unintentionally ignoring so far this season more than I'd like. And on top of that, I figured out how the experience will be useful for pushing the character development of one of the two characters crossing over from Dakotah Slade. So just in five minutes of me rubbing brain cells together, I stumbled upon all I needed to make this crossover fun, but also important and meaningful to both book series.

And then after the crossover next month in Urban Fantasy, Andrew and Mike from Urban Fantasy will crossover into Dakotah slade and help in a minor way with one of their storylines, sharing intel on the Tempus Cult with each other as they go, and then in Urban Fantasy after that there will be the final crossover as a character crosses back over to return with Mike and Andrew to Oakville, and give them a hand dealing with a major plotline there, in just a minor way. It'll be a fun way to round things out, my first crossover in my books, so soon after DC had another successful crossover on TV. In case you haven't noticed yet, I try really hard to write these books like their TV shows, and I hope it makes them as fun to read as it is for me to write.

I'm considering giving you guys all the chapters leading up to the new chapter of Adrift Homeless this month, just cause I'm in a giving spirit and it's really good stuff. I'm considering it. Be nice to me and I'll do it for sure. Send me some friendly support in the comments, or subscribe to my patreon for just a dollar. www.patreon.com/99geek

But you don't have to spend money, just let me know you're there and you're interested.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈  ➤ The Flash*****
    Was there any doubt, as soon as I saw the crossover episode, I knew it would be the top spot. This one was just fun. I was laughing to the point of tears from beginning to end, watching the characters I love being forced to have to pretend to be each other. Oliver coming to terms with team flash was just too much fun, as they're trying to hug things out and talk about their feelings and Oliver just doesn't get it. Also it was really cool getting superman involved in all this. Can't wait to see where that goes.
  2. ➤Supergirl*****Awesome crossover finale of Supergirl, with a number of surprise crossovers including Gary from the legends, and then during the climax, Lois randomly jumps out a portal flanked by Martian Manhunter and Braniac. That was most a pleasant surprise. Barry didn't have much to do besides crackwise for most of the episode, and I'm sad we never saved Earth 90. Or any of the others. The monitor has an interesting was of protecting those universes, by the way, utterly destroying them. I'm glad Oliver brought that to his attention. I hope next years crossover is like 2 weeks, we need the space to tell an awesome story, and do all the characters justice. The whole thing about slowing time by slowingt he rotation of the earth was particularly dumb though. It was dumb in the 1970s. It's still dumb now.
  3. Legends of Tomorrow ****1/2That was a super fun episode of Legends of Tomorrow this week. It was just too funny, seeing all of the iterations of the legends. I think the Charlie's Angels one was my favourite. I gotta ask though. Why didn't Constantine just try saving Des, and then join the Legends anyway to save everyone and right the timeline. For some weird ass reason saving Desi wasn't enough, Wouldn't have meant anything if John Constantine was still on the wave rider.
  4. Arrow****
    Though still a fun episode, it wasn't nearly as fun as part 1 of the crossover. It was nice when the 90s Flash showed up, and we finally started dealing with the problem at hand. But then he literally died in the very next scene. And all it took was a slight twitch of the Monitor's finger.
  5. Doctor Who****Decent finale of Doctor Who. They definitely tried to raise the stakes, but I can't guarantee they succeeded. It was fun at points, but it wasn't perfect, I'm really tired while writing this, I almost forgot to do a write up... so... yeah? Can't wait for new years. Hopefully it'll be better. WHat this season did well, it did very well. But it also dropped a number of balls, and with the season over now it sorta felt like one big yawn.
  6. Family Guy****
    Fun episode. I didn't care for the main plotline tasking Chris against Peter. I also thought it felt weird, them grieving the death of Carrie Fisher so many months after the fact. But yet again the saving grace for this episode were the hilarious cutaway which continue to be some of the best the show has seen in seasons. This season really gets the cutaway gag.
  7. Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    Good episode of Star Wars Resistance this week. I'm surprised how often Poe shows up for some fun, and this one was a good episode. They even brought Leia back from the dead. It was a little jarring, a Leia not played by the late Carrie Fisher, but this episode was decent fun, if similarly light on depth as the rest of this show has been. Still, let's give this show it's day in the spotlight, before the DC crossover tonight :p
  8. Znation ***
    An alright episode this week. I went in not looking forward to this episode, and in fact thinking about quitting it, but it was able to keep my attention so at least it has that going for it. Despite being largely just dumb bullshit.
  9. 🐍 Saturday Night Live ***
    It was a tough call, deciding which show would get the bottom spot when they were all middling. This is far from SNL's worst episode this season. It actualyl had some hilarious bits, coupled with some real confusing moments. I think a lot of the strengths of this episode rode on Jason Mamoa who I thought did a fantastic job, and brought a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the stage. So kudos on him at least.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Stephen Colbert
  2. ➤The Daily Show
  3. Vice

No comments:

Post a Comment