Saturday, December 15, 2018

Geekly Weekly 15 (Saturday, December 15): The teeterings of depression

Now playing: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Now Watching:DVR stuff
Now Listening: Podcasts

Now Reading: Just going over old works

Sorry I haven't been contributing to this lately. I've been just struggling with life., stressed to crap, smoking a lot, being unproductive. It's been bad. Works been hard, and stressful, and they seem to keep trying to come up with any reason to fire me, and I'm living in constant fear for my life, and it's just been hard to bring myself to update this.

I've said it before, maybe not hear, but sometimes  I wonder if those shows below and all the games I play and the stories I consume and the stories I write and all these lives I escape into are the only thing that keeps me alive in this hellscape of a planet. Cause my real life is an unfulfilling shit show.

Anyway I'm spending friday night (I accidentally slept in til 8 pm on my first day off) cleaning my place, cleaning my psyche, and I've even started my new chapter. Not planning to, I actually wrote a page before coming here. It's all together in my mind, I just need the time and motivation to write it. I might have to binge write again, but I've already startted a page, so I'm a step ahead. DOn't have to binge write till next weekend. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel... If I can just not get fired. I literally came into work with a sprained wrist, and my boss didn't even ask about it or notice. They care not at all for all my strengths, only criticize every one of my weaknesses. Even make up weaknesses. They accused me once of not IDing someone for cigarettes. When we checked the camera, she looked of age, she was of age, apparently in her 20s, and she DID show me her ID, and I looked at the verification device and it did turn green, and yet they're like "Well you didn't hold it in your hand" like that was a rule. They wrote me up for that. Asking me to ID people in their 30s and 40s who get pissed off at me, cause no one else is following these strict guidelines so I'm the only one IDing these people, and they all judge me, but obviously I can tell these people are decades of age, but if I don't ID them, I'm getting written up for it. They are just constantly watching me and criticizing.

I thought a night gig at a gas station would be easy, but turns out it's actually really hard when your management hates you and will do anything to get rid of you. I wish my writing would take off. Speaking of which, with CHapter 7 of Adrift Homeless coming at the end of the month, I thought I'd start giving you guys the other 6, in the spirit of Christmas. Starting today. I swear.

----------

And my apartment is clean. Okay, that's step one of improving my life. Awesome. Here's hoping next year will finally be a good year, and I'll finally see an improvemernt. The key is not wait till the new year. Thats people's problem, they say "Hey, i'll fix everything in the new year..." fix it now! So when youre in the new year it's like a new fresh start, with everything already figured out and fixed and ready to start your better life. Let it begin. Let me write this stuff, let my job ease up on the stress, may my writing take off, and my other 99% Geek ventures. 2019 will be the year of 99%Geek. Just wait and see.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈 The Flash*****
    Was there any doubt, as soon as I saw the crossover episode, I knew it would be the top spot. This one was just fun. I was laughing to the point of tears from beginning to end, watching the characters I love being forced to have to pretend to be each other. Oliver coming to terms with team flash was just too much fun, as they're trying to hug things out and talk about their feelings and Oliver just doesn't get it. Also it was really cool getting superman involved in all this. Can't wait to see where that goes.
  2. Supergirl*****
    Awesome crossover finale of Supergirl, with a number of surprise crossovers including Gary from the legends, and then during the climax, Lois randomly jumps out a portal flanked by Martian Manhunter and Braniac. That was most a pleasant surprise. Barry didn't have much to do besides crackwise for most of the episode, and I'm sad we never saved Earth 90. Or any of the others. The monitor has an interesting was of protecting those universes, by the way, utterly destroying them. I'm glad Oliver brought that to his attention. I hope next years crossover is like 2 weeks, we need the space to tell an awesome story, and do all the characters justice. The whole thing about slowing time by slowingt he rotation of the earth was particularly dumb though. It was dumb in the 1970s. It's still dumb now.
  3. Legends of Tomorrow ****1/2
    That was a super fun episode of Legends of Tomorrow this week.
    It was just too funny, seeing all of the iterations of the legends. I think the Charlie's Angels one was my favourite. I gotta ask though. Why didn't Constantine just try saving Des, and then join the Legends anyway to save everyone and right the timeline. For some weird ass reason saving Desi wasn't enough, Wouldn't have meant anything if John Constantine was still on the wave rider.
  4. Arrow****
    Though still a fun episode, it wasn't nearly as fun as part 1 of the crossover. It was nice when the 90s Flash showed up, and we finally started dealing with the problem at hand. But then he literally died in the very next scene. And all it took was a slight twitch of the Monitor's finger.
  5. ➤Riverdale ****
    Good episode this week. I loved all the parts, I loved Jughead and Archie meeting Jughead's family. JellyBean was amazing, my favourite new character. Can we get more of her? A lot more of her? Also Betty's storyline was awesome. After it dragged a bit last episode it really built up and climaxed here. Really good stuff. I still don't know what the fuck is up with her mom though, she came to let her out, right after she escaped... after being the one who put her in. She continues to flip flop like a crazy person! Like she's two different people. You never know which one you'll get.
  6. ➤ South Park ****
    It was a decent episode, and probably most hilarious for how it builds off the last episode, which felt pretty wrapped up to begin with. It's weaknesses probably came from the same place, as nothing was super funny or fresh. But it made some excellent points, and it was fun watching Randy's business take off. Overall a good episode, but maybe not the best finale. I also wish the show was 20 episodes a season isntead of 10. 10 is not enough. But I know it's a strain on the creators, who frankly could have just quit froever ago but still bring it year after year. Even if it is only 10 episodes a year we should appreciate what we get. They are national treasures.
  7. Doctor Who****
    Decent finale of Doctor Who. They definitely tried to raise the stakes, but I can't guarantee they succeeded. It was fun at points, but it wasn't perfect, I'm really tired while writing this, I almost forgot to do a write up... so... yeah? Can't wait for new years. Hopefully it'll be better. What this season did well, it did very well. But it also dropped a number of balls, and with the season over now it sorta felt like one big yawn.
  8. ➤The Goldbergs ****
    Funny episode. I enjoyed it, laughed a bunch, though Barry's plotline about christmass wasn't great. T%he funniest part was the montage of the days of Hannukah, and Jeff yelling "This is so much better than Hannukah at my house!"
  9. Family Guy****
    Fun episode. I didn't care for the main plotline tasking Chris against Peter. I also thought it felt weird, them grieving the death of Carrie Fisher so many months after the fact. But yet again the saving grace for this episode were the hilarious cutaway which continue to be some of the best the show has seen in seasons. This season really gets the cutaway gag.
  10. Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    Good episode of Star Wars Resistance this week. I'm surprised how often Poe shows up for some fun, and this one was a good episode. They even brought Leia back from the dead. It was a little jarring, a Leia not played by the late Carrie Fisher, but this episode was decent fun, if similarly light on depth as the rest of this show has been. Still, let's give this show it's day in the spotlight, before the DC crossover tonight :p
  11. Znation ***
    An alright episode this week. I went in not looking forward to this episode, and in fact thinking about quitting it, but it was able to keep my attention so at least it has that going for it. Despite being largely just dumb bullshit.
  12. 🐍 Saturday Night Live ***
    It was a tough call, deciding which show would get the bottom spot when they were all middling. This is far from SNL's worst episode this season. It actualyl had some hilarious bits, coupled with some real confusing moments. I think a lot of the strengths of this episode rode on Jason Mamoa who I thought did a fantastic job, and brought a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the stage. So kudos on him at least.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤ Vice News Tonight
  2. Stephen Colbert
  3. The Daily Show
  4. Vice
  5. James Corden

No comments:

Post a Comment