Sunday, December 9, 2018

Geekly Daily 37 (Sunday, December 9): Finally Beat Spider-man

Now playing:Spiderman PS4
Now Watching: So many movie trailers

Now Listening: Kinda funny Morning show

Now Reading: If I had time, I'd read the supposed in canon Marvel MCU novels

I did it! I finally beat Spiderman for the PS4. Thank god, now I can move on. And I think I've decided to play Smash Bros next. Then Hitman, and then Battlefield, and then GTA.

There's been a lot of movie trailers released over the past week. A lot of big name trailers, especially from Disney. It was great to finally see the Avengers in action, though I found the trailer to be a little boring. I think Captain Marvel had a better trailer. Both of them. But to be honest, Avengers 3 didn't have the best trailers either. It's just not their strength. I think they know everyone will come to see their movie, so instead of trying to show all the awesomeness to sell the movie to people, they decide to hide it all instead, and just tease people. And it's a fine strategy, but it's not gonna win you any best trailer awards.

------------------------
On twitter I wrote:

Okay. My depression is suddenly spiralling. I think I almost had a panic attack just now. I just, I started watching Vice, and they were talking about apocalypse preppers, and then I started thinking about like shit hitting the fan and people fighting to survive, And then I...

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈 ➤Star Wars Resistance ***1/2
    Good episode of Star Wars Resistance this week. I'm surprised how often Poe shows up for some fun, and this one was a good episode. They even brought Leia back from the dead. It was a little jarring, a Leia not played by the late Carrie Fisher, but this episode was decent fun, if similarly light on depth as the rest of this show has been. Still, let's give this show it's day in the spotlight, before the DC crossover tonight :p
  2. Znation ***An alright episode this week. I went in not looking forward to this episode, and in fact thinking about quitting it, but it was able to keep my attention so at least it has that going for it. Despite being largely just dumb bullshit.
  3. 🐍 Saturday Night Live ***
    It was a tough call, deciding which show would get the bottom spot when they were all middling. This is far from SNL's worst episode this season. It actualyl had some hilarious bits, coupled with some real confusing moments. I think a lot of the strengths of this episode rode on Jason Mamoa who I thought did a fantastic job, and brought a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the stage. So kudos on him at least.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤Stephen Colbert
  2. ➤Vice

No comments:

Post a Comment