Monday, December 17, 2018

Geekly Daily 39 (Monday, December 16): Do you hear that? The quiet? It sounds nice.

Now playing: Battlefield
Now Watching: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Now Listening: Podcasts

Now Reading/Writing: Adrift Homeless  

Not a lot of TV on right now, which is a welcome breath of fresh air, honestly. I did finally start the first episode of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and the first episode was quite enjoyable. I really enjoy her two Aunts, they're hilarious. And she's quite pleasant as Sabrina.

I'm still struggling to pull my life together, still trying to quit smoking, still trying to relieve the stress, still trying to find the time to devote to my monthly chapter... I have a strong feeling I'm going to be binge writing this weekend. Which should be fine if I can stop sleeping in so much. I keep losing all my days to sleep. It's a problem. I've set some hard alarms, and now I need to follow them, and wake up when they go off. Instead of sleeping till the sun goes down.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈➤Titans *****
    Amazing episode this week, but this show just keep getting better week after week. I love this show, I was giddy going in, and it was so much better than I could have hoped. It was named after Koriand'r and with her getting her memories back I was a little worried it would be a flashback episode, but instead it went in a really fun and creepy direction, and I can't wait for what happens next.
  2. 🐍Saturday Night Live***
    I'm not sure, but this might be the best score Saturday Night Live has had this season. It's been a largely bad season, unless there are episodes I've forgotten about, it's been dud after dud, lame jokes and little laughs. Lazy easy comedy. Tonight was still a bunch of that, but SNL is always a bunch of that. Like Doctor Who, you have to accept the bad if you're going to be a fan, otherwise it will forever annoy you and you'll be one of those people "Oh that, I gave up on that long ago." No things aren't shittier than usual. Every season of Doctor WHo has terrible episodes. But this Saturday Night live had some good moments, and might have even been the best episode of the season. Not great, but it made me laugh a bunch, and had some truly silly and well put together sketches. At least as many good sketches as bad, so I give this episode 3*
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. ➤ Vice News Tonight
  2. ➤ The Graham Norton Show
  3. ➤ The Hour has 22 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment