Sunday, December 2, 2018

Geekly Weekly 13 (Saturday, December 1): Operation No Smoking Day 1

Now playing: Battlefield 1
Now Watching: Daredevil Season 3

Now Listening: Podcasts
Now Reading: My novel


Alright here goes. I'm smoking my last cigarette before bed tonight and that's gonna be it. No more smoking cigarettes. I'm done. TOmorrow is day 1. And I'm going to do this. I'm going to try to control my emotions, find an inner peace. I'm gonna get through my stressful job, by spending all night cleanign down the she;ves. It's fine, I'm really behind on my podcasts. I'll just listen to podcasts all night and keep cleaning, then there's no reason for me to be anxious that they might fire me, after all there's no other night person under their employ working THAT hard. Not from my experience anyway. So focusing on that should get me through my shifts, get me through my podcasts and get me through not smoking without stressing too hard. That's my plan, I wanted to say something here, so you guys could all hold me accountable. I'm going to do it this time. For the money, for the time. For the stress it causes me. It's time I put an end to stress. I can't do it. I have to. Wish me all the luck and strength in the world because I need it. Cigarettes are effecting the three most important things in my life. My mind, my wallet, and my time.

I'm sorry I haven't had more interesting things to discuss this week. I've been battling with stress and Depression , and it's been hard extending my sights beyond my bubble. I will say thank you to my new patreon subscriber Katelynn. Thanks a lot, your support in me means so much. I hope you enjoy all the content I'm making, and I can't wait to hear what you think of my writing. But don't stress yourself if you're too busy to read along, after all you're paying me for entertainment. It shouldn't feel like work.

Have a good night everybody. I'm gonna smoke my last smoke, brush my teeth and pass out. I was going to watch Ducktales, the final thing on my DVR tonight, but it scared me with the christmas intro so I turned it off. That's not for me. I'm tired, I'm just gonna hit the hay. Good night. May the Force be With You, and Live Long and Prosper... two things I'm not gonna say at work this week because I intend to give them zero excuses to fire me. ZERO!!! I need the job, I need money, I need to save money, I need to keep working on my writing. There's a lot of wheels spinning in my life, and they all seem to spin so fast and go absolutely nowhere. Perhaps you can see why I'm so stressed.

Maybe I bring some of it on myself. I'm going to need to be strong. Like my hero, Isobel Yeung.

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, πŸŽˆπŸ‘‘πŸŽˆ for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. πŸŽˆπŸ‘‘πŸŽˆSouth Park *****
    Great episode this week. POssibly best episode of the seaosn. All the pieces seemed to fall into place, but more than that, yet again they dealt with issues that are really close to my life. Criticized things in my life I too have spent a long long time thinking about and criticizing. And they came to all the same conclusions I did. Kyle said it best. "Everyone feels anxiety. Everyone feels nervous, or scared to be around people. But you know what they do? They get over it." That was biting. Then in the B story you have the PC babies Crawling around town protesting things, and everyone immediately caves to them, but then also talks down to them like they are babies, while giving them everything they want. I find it hilarious. Just genius. Even if maybe I'm a little bit of a PC baby. I think they are too. I think in a lot of ways this episode was them making fun of themselves, and that why it feels personal to me too. But I'm introspective. I can take criticism. I know I'm not perfect. I can still laugh even when I'm being made fun of. I read something somewhere, reddit maybe? A comment. "The best criticisms come not from hate or ignorance, but from love." I love South Park. I wish I had released the TV rankings yesterday so The Flash could have enjoyed at least one daily in the top spot.
  2. The Flash *****
    Okay. This probably needs to just have the top spot, because it made me literally cry three times. Like tears streaming down my face ugly crying. Maybe no ugly crying. There was no snot. But I Frodo Baggins cried. You know, wide eyes with that single meaty tear. But like I had a steady stream. It was just the themes. And the little girl. And Nora and her dad. And how much he treats her like she's his daughter when he hasn't even had her yet, and the way Nora had to come to terms with mortality, and she's finally growing and learning, and and, and then weather witch killed her dad with a truck. Lol. Gotta say, Cicada's "sister?" seemed a little too old to want to play with a doll house, or even specifically that dollhouse. Like, maybe on the border, but then you take into account the trauma too, and there's no way she gives a fucking shit about that dollhouse. Especially after showing how perceptive she was at human psychology! Why not get her textbooks to become a therapist?
  3. Arrow *****
    Great episode of Arrow this week. Such a good episode, super intense from beginning to end. Could have been a finale. Some great fight scenes, a lot of Diaz posturing, and it was nice to see him die in the end, once and for all. They killed off a lot of people, in fact, this episode. This was an episode where things happened. People didn't just talk about things happening, like THe Gifted. Shit was getting done this episode. 5 stars, but I give it 5 stars with an asterisk. I just watched Daredevil season 3 episode 4. There is an insane scene in a prison, and this episode sort of felt like "Hey we can do this too!" And they totally did it too! They really did, which for CW is super impressive. 5 stars. But it wasn't as good. Sorry, it wasn't even close. Still, for the show it was a great episode. Just awesome.
  4. Supergirl ****1/2
    That was a good episode this week. I love how the stories they are telling this season are very different than the stories we are used to. There's nothing status quo about any of this and it's wonderfully exciting. The only drag this week was Lena Luthor. The first scene was such an obvious foreshadow to how her subplot would end, the whole time I was just watching the expected pieces fall into place barreling us towards the poor man's death.
  5. Legends of Tomorrow ****
    It's weird because the plot I enjoyed most this episode had nothing to do with any of the main characters.Watching Ava and Nora and the cute new girl hang out in a locked down prison was a lot of fun. I enjoy Nora, and the new girl, and hope we'll see more of them. We don't even need the Legends anymore. Their story was alright, but I'm getting tired of Nate leaving every episode, just to still feature just as heavily in the next episoe. Do we have to hear him say goodbye every time for the last five minutes of every episode?
  6.  Doctor Who ****
    Good episode of Doctor Who this week, a twisty story about witches that ended up being an alien invasion from an underground ancient prison. Again it did a good job of combining classic Doctor Who storytelling with modern day social commentary. I've heard complaints from people that the social commentary is ruining the show, but I don't have a problem with it at all. The episode was super strong, but most Doctor Who episodes aren't. I've been critical of every season of the show since day one. I still love it. A highlight this week was the gay paranoid king, who apparently had a fancy for da black dick. I was impressed how much the Doctor's companion just took it in stride. It was fun. That king had a lot of really fun moments, as shitty of a person as he was he was fun to follow for an episode. Even when they left it was a fun little "...where did they go?"
  7.  The Walking Dead ****
    Good scary episode this week. These whisperers are the most fun thing this show has done in a while. I enjoyed the episode as a whole, though I had been spoiled that a death was coming. I was hoping it was one of those dumb kids, but somehow the dumb kids get away with everything, Henry gets stuck in prison, Oh and Jesus. Jesus christ Jesus. Also I was hoping Michonne would like have a sword fight with the guy or something, but naw he just died in the chaos.
  8. Riverdale ****
    Good episode of Riverdale this week. Not great, the show can be so strangely surreal. And often times it's in the best way possible. And then a single student invites like 12 parents from across the school for a secret meeting, and they all came, learned it was Betty and was like "Alright, you're clearly on to something. We'll hear you out." Yeah right! They'd be like "Get this girl out of my face, these silly games too." They'd act like Hiram. Maybe I'm being too critical, maybe this is all just coming off as stupid cause this G&G cult is so stupid. That said, the twist at the end with Betty at the (indoctrination?) school was crazy. But I could care less about Archie leaving town, so soon after being split up by the jail. Ugh.
  9. The Goldbergs ****
    Alright episode of the show, but like the last time I criticized the Goldbergs, this show is just a bunch of hijinx in a bow, and it certainly was trying to lead the characters anywhere interesting this episode. But the jokes were funny, and it largely worked. I think my favourite aspect of the episode was JTP trying to help Barry with his dad, and especially the one and only voice of reason in the group. Is it Jason Bradley? I can't remember but he was hilarious this episode, and had a surprising lot to do.
  10. Titans ****I was disappointed this week when the show decided instantly to break the team up again, right at the very start of the episode. We literally just got them come together as a time! What is this! But I like Donna Troy sommewhat, and I enjoyed this episode, somewhat, even if it was just moving game pieces into position for better episodes in the future. The worst aspect of this episode was Koriandyr on the train. And did she kill those largely innocent FBI agents? Is she a blatant murdered, and wanted for good reason?
  11. The Gifted ****
    It's not that this episode was better than any other episode, it still had all the same faults. But instead of being a better show, they chose the next best thing, and they focused on Lorna for the episode. Lorna and her daughter, and her father (Magneto). It was a great episode if you like Lorna, and I do like Lorna, despite the fact that she's clearly broken. I don't quite get how she was hated in her high school though. I would have thought she was the coolest chick. I'd have been her friend, if she didn't have any. Though she'd probably hate me. It's too bad they couldn't talk about Magneto by name. It's also too bad Michael Fassbender can't turn up for a couple episodes. Not that I think he should want to.
  12. Black Lightning ***1/2
    It was a fine episode of Black Lightning. I'm worried about Jenn, I thought the stuff about the kids was interesting, and the fight against the "Sanjay?" was alright and perfectly watchable. But it wasn't anything to write home about, and it's too bad that one woman was a great villain and they ended up beating her pretty easily. But still, it was a decent episode, and kept my interest. Oh and why did they think electrocuting Black Lightning would be an effective form of torture? That was really dumb.
  13.  Star Wars Resistance ***
    It was an alright episode this week. I didn't care too much about what was going on, but it wasn't a bad episode by any stretch. I'm a little confused though. So did Yieger say that his brother killed his wife and kids in the crash? Cause if so, I can understand why he wouldn't want to forgive him... but damn that seems dark.
  14. ZNation **1/2
    Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but this episode bored me, I could barely pay attention.  The spirit walking with Doc was fun. WHen he took over 10k's body was interesting a little, but other than that I just didn't care. And even then, that was pretty silly.
  15. 🐍 The Rookie *
    It's out. Having a bad morning I guess. At least, slept weird, and I just don't have time for bullshit. I say after watching The Flash and crying three times. Like tears streaming down my face. Anyway, this starts with their cruiser turning upside down, and Dark Matter chick is at the wheel, and her trainer is like "That go the way you expect Boot?" cause of course he's some alpha male douchebag, and he's trying to prove to her that she's too soft, and she's trying to prove that though a woman she can be just as strong as a man. Because everyone needs the strength of an alpha male, or needs to aspire to it. We then cut to a dive bar we people start drinking really heavily and talking about how manly they are, and all the manly alpha male douchebag things they do. I'm done. I just came from Legends where 3 women ate cake, and it was beautiful. And this show is not going to take that away from me. ANd no I'm not gay, I'm just not very masculine, and that's okay, except it isn't because of shows like the rookie that maintain that alpha male douchery is what we should aspire to. So anyway, I'm done.

Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight 
  2.  ➤ Vice
  3.  The Daily Show
  4.  Stephen Colbert
  5. ➤Graham Norton Show

No comments:

Post a Comment