Thursday, December 20, 2018

Geekly Daily 40 (Tuesday, December 18):Yay life is.good!

Now playing: Battlefield
Now Watching: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Now Listening: Podcasts

Now Reading/Writing: Adrift Homeless  

So! Life is good now! Everything is sunshine and rainbows. I've been living in fear of being fired for like weeks now, and it didn't seem like it was ever going to end. It was like a spiraling pit of doom.

So then I go in last night, and the girl working is like "Promise me you won't tell anyone I'm telling you this (I broke that promise) but the manager was going crazy today, saying he caught you stealing. He caught you stealing on the camera, you were taking a slushie and he caught you and he called his boss, and he was showing me the footage, and it actually made me uncomfortable the way he was talking about you." I was like "That's impossible. I would never steal anything. There's no way that's true. Are you sure it wasn't someone else?" she says "Positive man. It was you man. I'm just trying to warn you." I'm like "You saw the footage? Then it's doctored. that's impossible."

So I spend all night tripping balls. I'm so mad and scared and pissed. Like why does this keep happening to me? I work so hard, and yet they give me no positive encouragement. And they keep seemingly try to set me up. I bust my ass harder than ever, I don't even take a break... except for the frequent cigarettes. By morning I was standing at attention, waiting for the mamager to come in with just so many different strategies I was going to implement. First would come the stare. Then I would say, just non-challantly "There are three words I take very seriously. Responsibility, Reliability, and Honesty. They mean everything to me, the are my most important values. And when people attack those values, it offends me. I want you to be able to rely on me, to trust me, and to trust that I can be responsible with the store. And when those values are accused..."

Anyway, 6:30 came, and the manager did not. 7 came, not only no manager, no employee to replace me. I call my manager. He wasn't supposed to start till 8 (Weird, since apparently I was supposed to be expecting a talk), but where the hell is is the guy replacing me? I ended up staying an extra 2 hours nearly. And when the manager came in maybe 7:15 or 7:20, I gave him the stare. He didn't seem to notice. "You know 3 words I value are honesty, reliability, and responsiblity." "Uh huh" he says not paying attention. "And with that honesty you know I would never steal right?" nothing. "Cause I heard a story last night that was impossible, suggesting that I had been stealing from the store?"

He was like "What? NO! That's not you!" I'm like "Oh thank god." "Man you're like in my good books now, after this." I'm like "You have no idea how much relief that gives me." I also might have pumped my hands in the air and paraded around in success. "I've been literally living these past weeks in mortal fear of being fired. You know if you have a problem with me, you can tell me." "Dude, I'm really happy with you. You've been cleaning well, you're doing great." "THIS IS ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR THIS WHOLE TIME. There are these memos around saying "If theres time to be on your phone, there's time to clean." He's like "That's not you, that's everyone else. Your tablet thing is fine. it's all fine. You're great."

So suddenly I'm on cloud nine, and everything that sucked is beautiful and rainbows. Actually, that's not true, I have a splitting headache, but that could just be the stress from all night. I'm trying not to let it get me down. I tried eating, hoping that would help... it did not. I really didn't want to resort to tylenol, I'm usually really against medicating... but the headache has gotten quite a bit worse while writing this paragraph.

Okay now I'm spiralling. This isn't the first headache I've had recently. Surely it's just stress. But then I came upon a site that said this.

"
Dr Deniszczyc says many brain tumours also cause dull, throbbing headaches, along with nausea and vomiting, which are often worse
first thing in the morning.
“Patients with brain tumours often feel the pressure of the mass when they bend down or stoop,” she explains. “They usually realise the headache came on months ago and 
it never really went away.”
"

It's not a brain tumor. It's not a brain tumor. It's not a brain tumor.

What it could be: 
An aching back that feels numb or a pain that starts in the buttocks and goes down the legs may be a sign of a PIVD, a prolapsed intervertebral disc.
“This can cause intense pain because of the compression of the nerve that passes through the spinal canal,” explains Dr Aundhekar. “If left untreated the gait will collapse and you will be unable to stand. A prolapsed disc can make people bedridden.”
PIVD is usually accompanied by weight loss, fever and bloating and 
is worse at night.
Dr Deniszczyc says this injury can often be traced back to trauma, such as a sudden jolt in a car crash, or an accident playing football.
“There is always a danger if the spinal cord is affected, and the sooner you get checked out, the better.
This could mean the difference between being able to walk and 
being immobile.”

... I don't have a prolapsed disc, I don't have a prolapsed disc, I don't have a prolapsed disc.

I need to go to bed.

 

Geekly Weekly TV Rankings ( for new, 🎈👑🎈 for the winner, 🐍 for the loser):
  1. 🎈👑🎈Titans *****
    Amazing episode this week, but this show just keep getting better week after week. I love this show, I was giddy going in, and it was so much better than I could have hoped. It was named after Koriand'r and with her getting her memories back I was a little worried it would be a flashback episode, but instead it went in a really fun and creepy direction, and I can't wait for what happens next.
  2. 🐍Saturday Night Live***
    I'm not sure, but this might be the best score Saturday Night Live has had this season. It's been a largely bad season, unless there are episodes I've forgotten about, it's been dud after dud, lame jokes and little laughs. Lazy easy comedy. Tonight was still a bunch of that, but SNL is always a bunch of that. Like Doctor Who, you have to accept the bad if you're going to be a fan, otherwise it will forever annoy you and you'll be one of those people "Oh that, I gave up on that long ago." No things aren't shittier than usual. Every season of Doctor WHo has terrible episodes. But this Saturday Night live had some good moments, and might have even been the best episode of the season. Not great, but it made me laugh a bunch, and had some truly silly and well put together sketches. At least as many good sketches as bad, so I give this episode 3*
Geekly Weekly Talk Show Showdown:
  1. Vice News Tonight
  2. Vice 
  3. ➤Stephen Colbert
  4. ➤James Corden
  5. ➤The Daily Show
  6. The Graham Norton Show
  7. The Hour has 22 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment